Best Intake Filter?

About to grab a new filter, any suggestion/advice?

peformance/sound/cleanable/efficient lol etc

cheers :smiley:

I’d say AEM dryflow, or one of those mad expensive ARC ones.

edit: and Apexi

i still and always say K&N…

i had a magazine article where they actually tested each one for hp gains and cleanablility.

the apexi cone won by a landslide.

Apexi is the best, even tho you don’t see many people use them.

I got an HKS MegaFlow Reloaded Intake but the next time around when it comes to getting a new air intake, it’ll be the Apexi :wink:

From all I’ve read over the years and what people were saying the apexi power intake hands down in design concept and tests… after that aem as mentioned… k&n is just an over advertised brand and the oiling kits used to give people problems.

I am actually looking for one now… varun is going to hook me up (eventually once I decide what im getting due to my setup).

Ahmad dont fuck this thread lol:420::blah:

i use cheap ractive filters

i use aem ones that come on my cold airs i always get dont really notice power difference but they are easy to clean last about a season of around 10,000ks without showing dirt then i usally just buy another car or in so my vote AEM

look who’s talking. Either contribute or stfu

/thread continue

apexi

never had a problem with k&n love em… apexi is good. and the ARC are damn expensive…
what is your price range that would help to give you a better idea.

I just get cheap k&n ones. Get the ones with the whole in the middle. Those are the best. They have the best sound to them.

Apexi

And I happen to have one for sale - but it’s not JDM…so it definitely does not appeal to SON.

K&N for price, look and they sound decent

Just run no filter… it doesn’t really make a difference…

I have an HKS on my SR, I never had a problem with it.

in the comparison apexi won by a large margin. the hks filtr was the poorest performing. k&n’s oil filter are supposedly detrimental to mafs. aem is a more recent application so they weren’t included in the test but review seems to be good so far.

i’d like to see a head to head comparison of the apexi and aem

but i’d put my money on apexi

FYI there is a new K&n with an open design not tested, but it’s universal fit, dunno… just throwing that out there. It is not like the older K&N’s… called x series or something

AEM is what use on my S14