Intercoolers, silicon couplers and hard pipes,...

…theres alot of them on eBay. Which leads me to have the urge of piecing together a front mount IC and hardpipe kit for my car for very little $$$$ AFter installing a pre-fab kit on one of the EVOs i realized what a difference it makes.

Anyone try something like this before; buying bends, pipe lengths, and couplers from whoever? It would be so trick if I could do it myself and save hundreds, not to mention all the fun ripping my car apart

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

call me if you need a hand

Originally posted by scfb518t

Anyone try something like this before; buying bends, pipe lengths, and couplers from whoever? It would be so trick if I could do it myself and save hundreds, not to mention all the fun ripping my car apart

yeah thats how my intercooler piping was put together…2.5"

Originally posted by Darkstar
yeah thats how my intercooler piping was put together…2.5"

ya, and why it don’t spool till 5000rpm…:down:

Originally posted by gearhead
ya, and why it don’t spool till 5000rpm…:down:

what? 2.5 inch or because that craftsmanship?

because gearhead says so:rolleyes:

Thats how I did some of mine. Not because I wanted to, but because I got screwed on my greddy Ic “kit”… seems that the word “kit” dosen’t actually mean anything. It wasn’t that hard. A shop called B&R racing sells it around here. They have straight, 45 deg, and 90 deg pipes. Each cost $26 and they have silicon couplers for $6 each.

NAPA part# BK 7051534 3" inside diameter, 3 3/8"- 3 1/2" outside diameter T-bolt clamps…$2.99 BK 7051509 2 3/4" - 3 5/8 inside diameter Constant-torque series… $3.99