intercooling piping

Hey
I need someone to do intercooling piping for me for my SR20DET.
The SR is going into my 1992 240sx, If anyone has a good ideal of how
much it will cost that will much appreciated. Also any suggestion on people who can do this would be great. Thanks alot.

You’re looking at about $400-$500 for i/c piping (not sure if that includes
couplers and clamps).

Get in touch with Mr_Zero (Cahil), Chris (canadiandrifter240sx) or Varun
(Slipperysilvia) to see if they can help you out.

hey man i know a pace that you can get some custom pipes made. if your interested i can post some pics.

(705)431-6294

how much did you want to spend , with clamps and couplers ?

Depends on quality, turn around time, and whether one is willing to come
to me and take measurements on my car (without me having to tow or
drop it off anywhere).

But that’s me (and I’m sure you weren’t asking me the question).

well I did Dereks setup, I use wedge cut .065" 6061-T6… 5 layer, reinforced silicone and stainless T clamps … but building anything custom, eg: intercooler piping, is not like delivering a pizza or going to tailor where you can just go and take a few measurements and come back in a week with a finished product… don’t know where you even got the idea that custom fab work could be done like that…

oooeee…

:owned:

I figure at least someone was wiling to come take a look and or take
measurements.

A couple of bends here, a few bends there. Bing bang boom. :dunno:

I figure at least someone was wiling to come take a look and or take
measurements.

A couple of bends here, a few bends there. Bing bang boom. :dunno:[/quote]

thats what mine is, and it only cost me $200, and my whole setup cost me $350 in total.

verse a $1,500 intercooler kit.

comes down to what you expect and what you think will do the job for you… obviously having labour inensive work like wedge cuts isn’t for everyone biut in some cases it’s the only way to get the curves you need… also getting thin wall alu. mandrel bends is pretty near impossible in Canada in small ( read under 200ft of bends. ) So you do what is required… and if it’s good enough for MINES tunned cars and SuperGT then it’s good enough for me.

hell even a good old hks cooler that retails for $1500 has coated steel pipe.

ya i use mandle bent steel pipe cut, fit, do some more cutting, maybe a little more fitting, weld the bends up grind them(pritty them up) paint. i have done a few sets like this and no complaints. alluminum would be nice but like you said not cheap. and not every one has a nice tig welder in there shop.

First and foremost, your running a traditional Front Mount Int. in the bumper? cause that makes it labour intensive…

Jedi_Car_Fan took (guessing) 6-8 hours total to make his own piping, but each pipe is 1 piece and perfect with no battery relocate.

I personally used Volvo parts, and my hot/cold pipes can be fabbed up in 1/2 and hour (total) because the FMIC sits behind the rad saddle in front of the rad and has top inlets/outlets…

more info required…

^^^ 6-8 hrs ? more like 4 hrs max fitted, welded, powder coated, installed.

If you make me up a template of sometype “cardboard, pvc” I could bend up the pipe in no time… as for me fitting it/welding it on site… no way. But I will glady do it if you either A, get a template etc… or B, bring me the car

my apologies, I just know you worked and hour here, half there, and 1 1/2 weeks later it was mint,

and you forgot C.) the monies…

Im curious to see the install, the powdercoating on the motor is mint…
Im interested in having my IC pipes and several items done.
Could you please post a pic, especially because of how its done without the battery relocation…

Thanks…

I will have to get better pictures tomorrow but here are 2

This picture you can see the Cold Pipe coming up infront of the rad and at the side of the battery… it comes right up beside the frame rail etc and fits in perfectly.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/Jedi_Car_Fan/IM001597.jpg

Oh… I figured with the 1pc design I may have had problems installing/removing them but its easy… no need to remove the bumper or jack up the car.