interesting info about ticketsn police

I aksed a police officer about when a cop pulls you over if he can see if youve ever been pulled over before for speeding or so forth ( past drivig history). Like in my case getting a ticket for failure to obey traffic sign then the next day a warning.

Mike,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you…I’ve been in Orlando, Florida, for the past week. Here in PA, when we pull you over, we can either use the laptop computer with wireless communications or use the radio to check you for driver status, vehicle registration status, wants/warrants. None of the systems that I’m aware of give any kind of past driving history. If I want your driving history, I have to send a request to PennDOT to get your certified driving history. Now, the newest computer info system, JNET, does give instant access to driver’s record, but I’m not aware of any depts having “in-car” access to this information. PSP may have this info handy to them on traffic stops, but I really don’t think they do…I should say, I have never heard of any Troopers being able to access drivers’ history in the car…just the important stuff like status, wants, and warrants. Hope this answers your question…

Chris

Just a FYI

:cool:

yeah hes a graduate of pennstate he saw my car video and sen my friends SS run fast down college ave n hes like i remember that lol so hes cool ! i was happy to find this out too. Made sence since the cop said have you ever been pulled over before. :rolleyes: :wink: :smiley: i want to geta record of my driving see how long this list is :slight_smile: i can imagine flying lows !!!

Originally posted by Silver_WS6
yeah hes a graduate of pennstate he saw my car video and sen my friends SS run fast down college ave n hes like i remember that lol so hes cool ! i was happy to find this out too. Made sence since the cop said have you ever been pulled over before. :rolleyes: :wink: :smiley: i want to geta record of my driving see how long this list is :slight_smile: i can imagine flying lows !!!

somebody (PROTECTING PEOPLES JOBS) got me a copy of my
driving history i had 18 major offenses not including the newest
dual recklessess the cops started asing penndot 2 revoke my
liscense around the 8th offese so knowing special people will
get u a copy of ur history but

COPS ARE POWERTRIP PUSSIES THAT LOVE 2 HATE U

:cool: I always wanted to know that!

Originally posted by sti/rosewoodT

Typical stereotype. Not all cops are like that, my girlfriend’s father is a police officer and he is a really nice guy.

anyone can get a record they just have to write in to pendot with a fee…

or you could just goto penndot’s website, request your PIN# and get your history yourself for $5

Originally posted by Blue
or you could just goto penndot’s website, request your PIN# and get your history yourself for $5

i just did that last week…

nothing at all came up for that crafton bust :cool:

is it possible to do this for a criminal background check as well…?

not really…

there are cops who get off on being pricks (coughKilbuckcough) and there are cops who are cool as hell (McCandless), but most of them are just trying to do their job.

just the young ones…

…and Yes Kilbuck does suck. Those cops are pricks.

Originally posted by Logik
just the young ones…

…and Yes Kilbuck does suck. Those cops are pricks.

Seems like some young cops are out to make a reputation for themselves.

Hey, can you ask your police officer friend if its possible for them to radio in and check on your status? Like he mentions the JNET system is not in cars but can they still get that info immediately from HQ?

I am just anti law-enforcement and knowledge is power!