iPad 2 or 3

Looking to pick up an iPad for my mother. Need a second or third gen for apple tv mirroring. Lmk what you guys got. Thanks.

Edit: don’t want/need 3G. Only really looking for wifi.

Spend the extra bucks and get the 3rd generation…the screen is worth every penny. :slight_smile:

ditto - love mine!!!

I have no problem spending the money on it. I just need to find one. Everything on CL is like extra pricey. Lol.

Go to Best buy and buy an open box unit…same warranty as NIB. I got the 16gb wifi model for $449 there. They had 1 left last week…on NF blvd.

apple.com has ipad 2 16gb wifi for 319 refurbed

I was waiting for an Apple refurb on the 3rd gen but gave up. Open box was the next best thing and I still get the full 1 year warranty. I always suggest Apple refurb when possible, great deals with full warranty.

http://cdn.alltouchtablet.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/retina-display-comparison-closeup.jpg
But I can’t say it enough…get the retina 3rd gen! :wink:

I’m sold on the third gen. However I would rather buy it cheaper from someone used. If its the diff in saving a few bucks for an “open box” one. I might as well just buy it new.

You won’t likely find a deal on a 3rd gen…not in a timely fashion. I have been stalking for many months, 99% of the “deal” prices on CL are scammers. Your only hope will probably be someone that bought wifi and wants to sell to upgrade to the cellular enabled model…not very likely. And even then I doubt you’ll get the full warranty and more than that $50 off MSRP. I’m a frugal cunt…I wish you luck on finding a better deal. :wink:

Used won’t have the full 12 month warranty and will be rated based on the original buyers DOP. My 2 cents FWIW.

Warranty doesn’t matter to me. I have my ways that it makes no diff.

Less talk, moar finding a better deal then. :stuck_out_tongue: