ipod internal battery

Can the internal battery in an Ipod be replaced? Ive got an older one and it doesnt hold a charge for more than a few hours and thats kind of annoying, especially since I broke my car charger earlier in the week. I usually use it in the truck at work and then at the gym but now cant do both.

I was thinking they might be able to do it at the Ipod store and that it has to cost less than the $170 or so a new Ipod costs.

yes it can

makes more sense to buy a new one for 170

I really dont like the new ones much though. My brother bought a new one and gave me this one and I like mine better. Its bigger and doesnt have crap I dont need on it (video, camera, etc).

I like shit like this to be somewhat basic.

How much would it be to replace the battery?

I just had to spend a bunch of money on my car again so I dont really have an extra $170 for an ipod right now.

did you get the ipod for your birthday?

no

You can replace it but just get a new one… If you wanna wait like a week I can grab you one for like $50-60… My buddy owns a pawnshop on central ave, doesnt usually take ipods but ill tell him a friend needs one.

Thanks. Ill see about that and let you know. Im gonna look at new ones this weekend if I get a chance and look into fixing mine.

If I could get my iPhone repaired by a website for 50$ without voiding the warranty you can get yours fixed cheap.

Pm sparkles/customlows he does apple iPhone/Ipod repairs.

yes, ipods are stupidly easy to take apart and i’m sure u can get the battery for cheap off ebay, i replaced the headphone jack on mine for a dollar and a half hour of work.

happy birthday PJB!!!