ipod/iphone

i think i know the answer to this, but i have a couple of questions

when will the slingplayer be availible for the ipod/iphone? i heard it was coming out and everything i read says “it is coming at some point”

is there any way to get flash to run through safari?

i have a touch jailbroken now if that helps.

Theres no way to run flash, even on the latest 1.1.4 firmware, jailbroken or not.

I think Samsung and Nokia are the only companies that have phones with flash support and all of their phones suck. Probably why so many sites have mobile versions with 3gp videos.

I’ve seen people use their iPod Touch basically as an iPhone by tethering a cheapo cel-phone to it via blue-tooth. Of course you can’t talk on it but every other function is there and it looks just like an iPhone. It’s also a bit slimmer.
edit and obviously a lot cheaper

There technically is but it involves doing some wierd extension and donwloading the file and getting it to play in a program. Kinda wacky and not worth it.

:picard: x532523462362346
at least fail in gen auto.

Huh? Touch suddenly has Bluetooth? It has no reciever in it other than wifi. No mic or cellular and no external speaker other than the small sound effect ones. Why on earth would you even use a ipod to “teather” to a cell phone since the ipod has no functions other than the touch screen unless you want to get on the web

Today’s rumor is that a beta of the SDK will be released next week. I’d bet as soon as that comes out there will a stand alone flash player. No idea what’s going on with Safari integration though. Flash support in Safari would slow down the already slow EDGE network… plus increase the load on the device itself which I’d imagine is what they’re currently trying to resolve.

Edit:

I’m pretty sure that’s not possible. For a while people thought the Touch had a bluetooth chip and that it was simply disabled but I think it was finally proven that there wasn’t one. But even if what you are describing was possible I don’t at all see a point in doing it.