Ipod Shuffle (VERSION 2 UPDATE)

So for running and lifting purposes I got one of the new Ipod Shuffles cuz of how ideal it is for that type of job.

Well I get it home, install it (it shows up in Itunes, etc. blah blah) but won’t do the firmware upgrade and keeps giving me a cant read write, etc.

So I reformat and try again, still wont. I contact Apple, and we reinstall Itunes/Ipod and still nothing, so they say its defective. So I return it for another…

Bring the other home, and same thing. By this time I’m thinking wtf. I try all 4 USB ports on my laptop and still nothing. I contact Apple again and they apparently have no known fix for this problem and it is hardware related on their end. Yet it won’t work with my computer…

So it pisses me off, cuz I would really like it to work, cuz I hate having an Ipod in an armband, and these would be perfect…

:tdown: to Apple and producing products that suck…

LOL, 10 to one says its your laptop.

tried a nano & video and worked fine. im gonna bet it has to do with the ipod drivers…

i checked the apple forums and theres numerous people having this DOA problem, and all Apple says is return product for a new one, which does the same. Its probably a compatibility with the USB drivers and a certain Intel chipset.

Apple get off your ass and fix this today, I want my shuffle damnit

hook it up to a powered usb hub, i bet it works.

got one i can borrow? i dont get why it wouldnt work when any other ipod will:mad:

iw as thinking the same thing… this should work

i made sure the usb hub root wasnt on any type of power off for “savings”…

anywho i guess i can try the hub

my guess your usb drivers are all messy… When I worked in tech support I’d see ppl w/ 2 usb ports have like 6-8 with 3-4 root hubs showing up in safe mode (This was awhile ago, so I’m not sure how to fix it wiith XP or anything.

my usb drivers are fine, i bet the shuffle just has an incompatibility with certain chipsets…

im not a noob when it comes to computers… lol

and no adding a powered usb hub gave the same error

wow

so after about 4 hours of research i found the problem and have to do like 82 steps each time just to sync it. so i ended up getting some music on it, and am content with whats there for the time being until apple comes out with a “fix”

I bet if you had a Mac, there’d be no problem. :wink:

+1 :hitit:

i’ll stick to my pc :slight_smile:

apparently though on the ipod forums on their site its not only happening to pc based, it just has something to do with the ipod service i guess and the shuffles firmware and according the rep i talked to “they are aware of the problem but have no known fix…” lame

ok… so after getting it working I must say that I absolutley love this shuffle.

The first shuffle I didnt like so I got a Nano, which I sold around Xmas time last year, then I went with a Sony MP3 player and didn’t like it much. So now I was mp3 player-less for a little bit and was considering a iPod video…

Well I checked out this little gem and (despite the original problem) it rocks. So tiny, and I never realized how much I dont need an LCD screen to navigate through songs. Its the perfect mp3 player for people who like randomness, working out, walking, etc.

Thumbs up for the shuffle, even after the problems with compatibility issues it was having…