So my ipod won't upload with my hd

I havea 160gig external that I have all my music on. I plugged it in and pasted all my songs into itunes. itunes only plays the songs when the hd is in, which is fine. I don’t want them taking up space on my laptops harddrive

but when I plug my ipod into my itunes when the external harddrive is in there, it doesn’t upload the songs. the ipod doesnt even come up on the itunes. what do I do?

ok it finally works. i don’t get it though. it only recognizes my ipod like 1 out of every 10 times. what’s the deal?

maybe a shitty cable? thats weird

technology>you or so it seems… cameras, ipods… lol

could be something to do with the chipset drivers… usb can act funny some times… does it load the ipod everytime on someone elses computer?

or is it the same thing as it is on your computer…

also does it do the same thing when JUST then ipod is plugged in

do you have the newest version of itunes and firmware for your ipod? i had that issue before… all else fails check apple.com for the faq section

you shouldn’t have to have the newest version of itunes, as a matter of fact you don’t even have to have itunes

true, but when my firmware was outdated my computer wouldnt recognize my ipod…

I agree, mine was being weird with this. I had to do a bunch of funky things to get my shuffle to work.