Iraqi court decision upheld: Saddam Hussein must be hanged within 30 days

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/iraqi-court-upholds-saddams-death/20061226084609990001?cid=2194

In upholding the Saddam sentence imposed Nov. 5, the Supreme Court of Appeals also affirmed death sentences for two of his co-defendants, including his half brother. And it said life imprisonment for a third was too lenient and demanded he be given the death penalty, too.

Saddam’s hanging “must be implemented within 30 days,” said Aref Shahin, chief judge of the appeals court. “From tomorrow, any day could be the day of implementation.”

im not up to date with my politics, but where are they going to hang him, in America? I thought to be “hung” was not in existance here anymore?

its an iraqi court, so im sure it will be done in iraq

hopefully someplace symbolic, like the soccor field he used to massacre large groups of people

all said and done, at least he could control his people :lol:

its a shame he didnt have any WMDs

gotcha, thats crazy, i thought it would have taken a lot longer to finish the trial…

Yeah, I’m really starting to have my doubts that democracy has a chance with a truely violent population like what exists in Iraq.

Maybe it really was genocidal dictators FTW?

Either way, Saddam is toast.

Isnt hanging the lowest for of exceution they do have? I know he contested it say he would rather die by firing squad but i think that is reserved for high class criminals. Either way im sure there will be some kind of socail outrages that will happen an indanger more troops lives.

if true democracy and civality was to break out TODAY in iraq, it wouldnt truely be stable in our lifetime

look what violent TV does in this country, creates teenagers who shoot pizza deliver guys “just to feel what its like”

now imagine the effect actualy witnessing a car bombing would have on a generation … it realy imprints the idea of “of you dont agree, get your way by killing a crowd of people”

therefore, civilization will not actualy form until the first child is born AFTER the last of iraq’s current population has passed away … as that kid wont grow up with anyone around him to tell him first hand stories about the current events in iraq

IMO he should be tried for the hundreds of thousaands of kurds that he gassed before of the 140 that he is being tried for.

because our own civil war was any better?

does it realy matter? as long as:

1. he got put on trial
  2. he got the death penalty

It does matter. It has to be known that he did this. Not by word of mouth but in the eyes of justice. I’m fucking batman!

saddam= :hang:

me= :present: :biglol: :eekdance:

p.s.- and i heard they are broadcasting it just to show the world that it really happened. Wonder how many car bombs are gonna go off that day in that area?

Ours was a war of finance. Theirs is a war of deep rooted racial hate. When we ousted Saddam we had no idea what we were getting into, or at least didn’t care.

Good point. But our civil war was more war and less suicide bombings.

glad to see that its gonna happen. At least something comes from it.

Cowboy diplomacy yeehawwwwww!

i can’t believe they’d do a public hanging.

am I the only person who envisions some rogue iraqi militia sniping the noose free and again, an iraqi version of the A-team busting up the joint just to rescue their captured leader?

Well Georgie boy…you did it…you avenged your father…congratulations, the war wasnt a total waste :bloated:

http://outoffocus.typepad.com/outoffocus/images/ateam.jpg

and at one point war was standing in a straight line in a big open field and shoot at each other. The thought of sneaking around in the woods and shooting the enemy was concidered not “gentleman like” warfare. Japan had suicide bombings during WWII, the whole fly a plan with a bomb on it into a ship.