Is it worth me going to Cruise night tonight?

Ive heard horror stories about people not having any traction and almost kissing the wall. ( procharged gt ) A lot of my friends will be there and wanna see the car run. But i dont wanna get completely loose at over 100. I know the car wont run the numbers cause ill have to baby it outta the hole but i think itd still be fun to put on a show.

ive never did a burnout past the lights

I was talking to Gary, worked at the track for years, and he said that i could come up to him and ask what lane looks better. this rain isnt helping either

input?

did you see outside? its def getting cancelled like the week b4

I’ve never DONE… lol.

to me, its not worth the risk to impress a friend if you’re remotely concerned about wrecking.

I wouldn’t risk it

People mentioned they were not letting cars line up with groove last week

THIS! they put cones down the track so you arent in the groove.

wtf??? no groove? sounds lame as shit.

I purposely got in line behind at least 3 other rear-drive cars, a Mustang, and 2 Camaro’s and watched all 3 do proper type burnouts. When it was my turn I did a big burnout and took it out 20 or so feet after the water box. Staged and still hazed the tires pretty good on the launch. The front end was coming up for a split second, and then the tires turned over and it came down. Felt like a 1.7-1.8 60 foot. Later that night Prior did manage a 6.74 (iirc), but I thought he sprayed, and he usually runs bottom 6’s that way.

I would go but its going to rain. It’s also no fun to have nobody to run against. I went 2 years ago and went 6.90’s wheels up. There were many drag cars last night to lay some rubber down. Unfortunatly it rained last night so all the water is under the rubber seeping out making it slick.

no lift policy was in place. i got one run in against the 2 fast garage white turbo mustang gt. I kept it in my lines but it was one hell of a ride.

I wont try the nitrous again there. I spun the launch on the motor drove out 1st, hit 2nd went into the 1st stage and immediately broke loose, i turned the nitrous off and got the car back straight, pulled 3rd and the car was def going all over. i lock my hand at 9o clock when racing and it was going from 7-11 the whole way down. hahaha

:word: on the retard putting the cone on the grove, i did my burnout and pulled up, pointed to the cone and yelled to the guy to move it. he gave me the ’ whatever lil bitch ’ look. so i put it right at my passenger side door, when it kicked out, my buddy said i launched the cone like 10 foot in the air. I complained to Gary and the Burnout box guy about that retard not moving the cone for people that need the groove. that asshole coulda really caused some trouble.

I pulled up for another run and it just started raining. I was lined up with a VR4 3K GT. the track guy said “ehh its starting to rain” i said ‘fuck that awd, i dont care.’ track guy said no and told me to back up. i went back and got my 5 bucks and drove home in the rain.

:tup: representing my nyspeed niggas :tup:

time?

i think i went 7.2. they dont give slips what i think is also stupid

^^ 7.53 at 101… your car sounded bad ass, nice run even tho you couldn’t hook up

Yea I was on and off the gas the whole way. Usually isn’t that bad but not many cars running and it was cold. What do u expect good shit though.

The last time i went there on a wednesday traction was a joke,i stick to tuesdays.

Can’t impress the pregnant 14yr olds on a Tuesday.

Well at least you can say you tried it. Any vids of you launching that cone? :slight_smile:

THIS IS YOU!!! You shoulda said something. i only know u by name

i wish! ill keep an eye out cause i wanna see it too

ekk i sure hope not! shoulda kept it on the motor. next time say hi

lil bro just txt me , he said 7.1 ? WTF anyone really know lol

thats what i thought i saw… o well no biggie lol

I figured if you bitched to Gary he would fix the situation :slight_smile:

the kid i brought said 7.23, what ever i guess im a 7 sec car.

my lil bro took a vid but its the worst ever, no burn out, no launch, no finish, no time… just see 2nd gear. lol hes killing me
but u can hear illusions turbo, so thats cool for the 3 seconds