is this bmw worth it?

1997 318i 145k , leather loaded. no body damage, runs smooth.

price is $3500 is that a good price or should i be worried about the miles?

You need to look it over. Balljoints, CV’s, Hung Calipers, Oil leaks, Cylinder Compression Test, tranny shifting, struts/shocks, sway bar end links, severe exhaust rot… thats what I would check

but its a nice ride. Rock if for a few months and sell it before in falls apart.

Check the rear subframe attachment points.

fall apart…thats reassuring

lol. it sounds like jack is just stating general (well, thorough) things you should check for all cars.

145k isnt that high, m42’s can survive

I vote yes. Looks like a good deal if it’s clean. You see 318’s with higher mileage listed higher than that.

ur really set on at 318 arent you?

EH… I was on Clist last night and saw that, about 3 weeks ago his price was 7k, then 5400 then 4800 and now 3500… Something isn’t fitting the bill on that cuz I saw it as well when browsing for some local cars for the gf.

yeah i know ive looked it over twice and i cant find a thing wrong. i also saw the huge price drop…so it makes me unsure

why not buy my audi and have some power

[quote=“3sny,post:9,topic:24413"”]

yeah i know ive looked it over twice and i cant find a thing wrong. i also saw the huge price drop…so it makes me unsure

[/quote]

The only thing to really do is to test drive it. I’d also probably want to take it to a shop to look it over, a BMW specific shop because the tech would know all the quirks of a car of that year with the mileage. So he would be able to tell you more about whats good and bad on it.

See if the seller is game and take it to a BMW dealership or somewheres that would look over it for free.

drive it…see what you think…its a bmw…some shmuck will always buy it off you for too much