Is this considered high mileage?

2004 CBR 600 F4i turning 200,000 miles + brief history

youtu.be/gs8I8fYNNG0&

And people say 20K miles is high :crazy

Woot Honda ftw!

Mine is almost to 20k…:lol

I recall that guy from the sportbike net forum. About to hit 34k on mine, wish I had $2k to spend on that bike…:lol

This is why I laugh when people say 25k-30k is a lot of miles for a bike, I’m pretty sure when I sold my GSXR it had like 38K on it and ran great.

It’s not a lot if the bike was well maintained and taken care of.
Most sport bikes are thrashed before they hit 20k, if they survive that long without crashing.

Werent you the one worried about “physical engine wear” being too high by 20k+ miles?

But yeah most sport bikes die before they get anywhere near high miles and when most people average about 3k miles a year it takes a while to get there too.

Unless the owner has records of all maintenance done and he is an older guy/gal I am going to assume that those 20k miles were not easy on the motor - “engine wear”. Simply don’t want to chance it and then end up having to repair/replace/tune things instead of just hopping on and riding like I am doing now.

I guess time will tell as I ride it.

20,000 thrashed miles is a lot for a sportbike and that’s all 90% of them will ever see.

My old bike shit the bed around 13k

Do explain how “hard miles” effect the bike/motor differently than cruising. Actual examples instead of generics and stunting doesn’t count.

What happened?

Pretty sure it was just a head gasket, but sold it before I found out. I beat ths SHIT out of that bike. I think it saw more rev limiter than idle.

This is so true and hilarious at the same time coming from you because I know I’ve got remnants of one extremely low mileage kawi sitting in the shop here :rofl:rofl

:cry:

And here I thought you would actually chime in with technical mumbo jumbo of thermal dynamics, friction coefficients and rotational mass inversely proportional to the load applied by the resistance of the weight of the vehicle.

Or something :lol

lol’ing hard right now! :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Hey, at least smile knowing she’ll live on as a new form in sort order. I’ll even call you up for the maiden voyage :slight_smile:

:excited

Quoted for future reference

I’ve heard certain claims before towards certain other vehicles :ninja

:rofl Last time I tried getting mr miata up here you weren’t ready cause the car didn’t run, then you said you were thinking of tackling it yourself. I’ve only got so many windows of opportunity when it comes to free time. :lol

I told you, as soon as new shop is open your car is the first through the door

Something will happen soon with that. It’s time :excited