200,000 EDIT: now 225,000

Sunday was the big day for the SHO…200,000 miles. Had the windows tinted as a gift for all her dedicated service:)

lols nice. good luck from now on.

Looks cleaner than cars with less than half the miles

It really is. That, next to his black/black Fox :sex:

:tup: nice SHO

Cripes…if u wanna stay happy…dont dive into inspecting/replacing the greatly worn suspension. My car has 215-220k mi on it and EVERYTHING in the suspension was replaced…everything…quiver~quiver

Nice, mine’s just about to edge the 150k mark and ready for the photo opp as well.

[quote=“13005TEDGP,post:6,topic:25761"”]

Cripes…if u wanna stay happy…dont dive into inspecting/replacing the greatly worn suspension. My car has 215-220k mi on it and EVERYTHING in the suspension was replaced…everything…quiver~quiver

[/quote]

:wtf: I don’t get what you’re saying…greatly worn suspension on my SHO??? I’ve replaced/upgraded along the way and the suspension under the car right now is at about 60k. It’s actually in excellent shape and the car definitely doesn’t drive like it has 200k.

:tup: to taking care of your car so it can do it’s job.

I hate when people drive a car into the ground and don’t take car of it, then blame everything on the car company and say they made a piece of shit.

i think alot of cars in the domestic market have the potential to hit the 200k w/o serious problems so long as they get taken care of.

Pffttt… you’re just breaking that engine in. :slight_smile:

Congrats.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:10,topic:25761"”]

Pffttt… you’re just breaking that engine in. :slight_smile:

Congrats.

[/quote]

You’re right:) Best part about it is it was and automatic for the first 175k so it lived an easy life. When I changed rod bearings a few thousand miles ago I was pleasantly surprised with their condition…also, and we’ve heard this among many engines…but the cross hatch in the cylinders were showing proudly and it still pulls strong compression. Too bad this motor sits in a Taurus…

200k and going…:tup: Good job keepin it running.

They grow up so fast :cry:

so clean for 200k. your odometer is catching up to my civics 250k :smiley:

I wonder who has the most mileage here on the forums…

someone with a saab or a volvo or a volkswagen. lol.

I wonder if Ford gives you anything for that?
D

my turbosho has 225K on it. I just bought a SHO with 73K (one owner) and it has 3 spun rod bearings :frowning:

you car is amazingly clean though!

:wtf: Sorry…Im just a bit bitter, from all the parts that were worn to hell. I got my car with 150k or so miles on it. I bought some “lowering” springs for it and realized how bad the suspension components were. got to go through the suspension at the 210~k mi. aaand it really sucked. Neither of the parking brake mechinisms worked ( cables was broke, another section was rusted and not moving), the rear caliper sliders were seized aand snapped off. both tie outer tie rods were shot ect., ect.

Yeah, I wasnt thinking about if u owned the car waaay before 200k mi. So, now u know ;). My other GP was well maintained, from 45ki on up to the 240k mi when it was totalled.

[quote=“13005TEDGP,post:18,topic:25761"”]

:wtf: Sorry…Im just a bit bitter, from all the parts that were worn to hell. I got my car with 150k or so miles on it. I bought some “lowering” springs for it and realized how bad the suspension components were. got to go through the suspension at the 210~k mi. aaand it really sucked. Neither of the parking brake mechinisms worked ( cables was broke, another section was rusted and not moving), the rear caliper sliders were seized aand snapped off. both tie outer tie rods were shot ect., ect.

Yeah, I wasnt thinking about if u owned the car waaay before 200k mi. So, now u know ;). My other GP was well maintained, from 45ki on up to the 240k mi when it was totalled.

[/quote]

It’s all good…I got lucky I geuss with this car as I’m the third owner. Second owner had the car from 15k-175k and was serviced at the same Ford dealer in Philly that whole time. Washed once a week, stored indoors, 99% rust free…the link in my sig has some pics of the car when I first got it.

I’ve had to replace a lot of the parts that you’ve had to do as well…but on a Taurus those parts are pretty cheap and easy to replace. I get a kick out of driving an ‘old’ car and keeping it going. Also, being that I swapped to a manual I’ve been in and out of this car nearly as much as my Mustang! So through that process I’ve replaced/upgrade/updated several parts.

I get a kick out of driving an ‘old’ car and keeping it going

Yeah, I def. hear that. I have a '78 Malibu Wagon that hase everything new, (susp., brakes, rad., engine, tires, even a gas tank. Body is a bit rough but drivetrain is like driving in '78. :stuck_out_tongue:
Oh, and the best part…Im the 'bu’s 3rd owner and it has 110k mi. on it. An old lady owned it and kept a journal of everthing.