Is this ethical/legal?

I wouldnt give a penny to united way after that one year when the bought a ton of town cars. (this was like 15 years ago) but my dad was all pissed about it and stopped is monthly donations.

[quote=“mike125k,post:3,topic:38965"”]

Is it the Human Fund?

[/quote]

haha great xmas gifts

If they ask have him name off some “other charity” he donates to… and of story
I wouldnt feel bad at all.

:word:

I wouldn’t really say it’s cool to keep track of it but it definitely happens, on both corporate employment levels down to minimum wage employees that work for large chain stores.

its legal
its unethical
its shady
i would send that info to the 7 oclock news

[quote=“hummingbird,post:26,topic:38965"”]

its legal
its unethical
its shady
i would send that info to the 7 oclock news

[/quote]

you mean…

its illegal
unethical
its shady

When it comes to contributions its up the the individual, not company by law. Its your earned money not theres.

makes you wonder if they keep track and say “the company donated so much $…thats my companies tax right off” when it should be yours.

It is legal to track who is and isn’t donating.
Its unethical to base someones job off of this information.
Its shady if they look at the information for above reason.

Wegmans.

They are VERY high pressure when it comes to donating to the united way.Usually they’ll have an employee meeting or 2 each year to try and make them donate a few bucks out of each paycheck.They make it into a raffle,promising employees a ticket for every .50 they donate each week.iPods,Sabres Tickets,Giftcards,Portable DVD players.

Not to mention they’ve got people checking the donation sheets over,fuckers actually asked me why I didn’t donate.

:rolljerk: Glad I don’t work there anymore.

Strange…

Grocery stores always did that… i refused to ever participate in it, the managers gave me shit about it - but i simply said… i’m not bothering anyone with donating money to some charity…they couldn’t fire me… obviously i don’t donate myself either :wink:

[quote=“articzap,post:28,topic:38965"”]

It is legal to track who is and isn’t donating.
Its unethical to base someones job off of this information.
Its shady if they look at the information for above reason.

[/quote]

legal to track, i should have put…illegal to make you contribute

I am proud NOT to donate. Shit no one except my parents ever gave anything to me. So I try to help them out a little. I have a soft spot in my heart for Vets too. So I’ll support the vfw and the local guys, they lay their life on the line for us.

My company does the united way thing…I thought about it for about 5 seconds and concluded they will not receive any of my money. If someone asked/pressured me at work to donate I’d immediately ask for a raise to cover that donation or if that person would like to donate a 6 pack of magic hat #9 to me each weekend. If they agreed to those terms I would donate.