Do you think it's trashy to steal $50 from a floundering company?

Reference: http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63167

I think it’s super fucking trashy, and a PERFECT small scale example of why the economics of the country are in the shape they’re in…

And before someone says it’s not STEALING, you’re circumventing the test drive process and not meeting the rules of the promotion.

poll coming

very true, have to agree

haha fuck that, I am taking my bailout money back. To hell with this country, I am broke man!!

So explain to me for the people who live in NJ, OH, TN and MD who don’t have to test drive to recieve the $50. Who were given this link at dealerships for the $50 without doing anything at all? Are they stealing?

Do you live in one of the aforementioned states?

Do you know what aforementioned means?

Probably not.

It means “previously noted”

What if he lives close enough to all of them that he can go to each state and cheat them each out of 50 bucks? He could be rich

Same thing I posted in the thread.

1. I didn’t want the government to hand out all these tax dollars to reward stupid companies for making stupid decisions.

2. Paying someone $50 to test drive a truck is stupid, especially a full sized Ram that is the exact vehicle we need less people driving. Did we all forget about $4 gas already?

3. If Chrysler is dumb enough to not have a better fraud prevention system on the program than this you bet I’m going to grab my $50, because I’m just going to be watching my tax dollars get funneled to them in a month or so anyway.

I will add this. A year ago I would have said it was trashy. Now that the government has decided to toss my tax dollars at pretty much any company that screws up and asks for money, I’ll take any free money I can get. I saw an article last week that said under the new budget in NY, based on my income, I’ll be paying about 3 grand more in taxes next year. At least now it’s 2950 more.

Way to avoid the aforementioned question.

i would say let em keep it, however until they can push back on the unions and actually operate their companies in any sense of normalcy i wouldn’t give them a dime.

i really wish some sort of reform for the unions was part of this auto maker bailout and i think it would be great… god damn what a clusterfuck.

yeah if anything, this is helping stimulate the economy, by everyone taking a free 50$ and blowing it on dumb shit. I never got my free 50$ :frowning: this was the first time IO saw that thread :(. If some rich guy won the mega millions and spent the day walking around giving peopl 50$, you’d take it. Well maybe not newman, because he makes 80k a year, and has nothing to spend it on because he lives in this toilet bowl called buffalo.

Anyone else would take that shit. Anyone who did get a free 50$ good for you!, buy me some mighty.

also i am not doing it because i’m lazy, not because i care about dodge.

If there is some sort of local government stipulation saying that the promotion has to be offered like that, then NO, it’s not STEALING.

However, it’s still equally as trashy to do it. Even if it’s not illegal in NY, that doesn’t make it OK.

Having a ton of kids to get more welfare money isn’t ILLEGAL, it’s just super poor.

and increases homicide rates in good people like myself because i want to KILL THEM ALL.

seems pretty stupid to me, all the issues with money in this country and they are just gonna give out $50 randomly here and there? doesn’t seem to really be fixing the problem…

I don’t make 80K a year… :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Also, some guy handing out his money on his own free will is a little different than what dodge was thinking when they came up with this promotion…

Well, dodge is offering a promotion where you get 50 bucks to test drive a full-size pickup. But what’s posted is a way to get you the 50 dollars from dodge without ever setting foot anywhere near a dealership.

This is why we cant have nice things.

That however I do agree with.

Wanting something for nothing is the hallmark of our generation.

Rich lifestyle without earning money.
Increased return without increased risk.
Success without sacrifice.
Health without discipline.
Reward without victory.
Respect in written communication without proper writing skills.

I think Newman is more or less going after the ethical aspect of this whole thing. Our economy is crashing, but each individual person can only think about themselves, no matter how much it fucks over the rest of the country. In a nutshell, it’s how we got to the point we are currently at.

Some sort of holistic behavioral change is necessary.

I agree with Newman that this is an ideal example of why the economy sucks.