Paid Membership (off topic)

Well thats better then it was… you’ll also need to release statements as to how much money has been spent and on what.

Legally people are entitled to that information within the club. That being said, because you’re not registered as as orginaization I suggest you being to look into the legalities of running a club.

Such as proving that people are getting what they paid for or Bing and Andrew are liable to fraud charges.

I’m not entirely sure of the statue of limitations on fraud, but given the past few years and the way money has been handled, I believe they are still liable.

I suggest everyone stop running this place like a sloppy Bing’s advertisement and start running it like an enthusiast car club, with everyone covering their ass, because no matter what I say, it’s like I’m talking to walls here…

Bob,

you are easily the stupidest person on earth.

fraud charges? legalities?..you know less than zero on the subject.

how about this for fraud charges?

Posting someone elses build of a truck in your for sale ad of a rot-box beater.

http://www.projectsource.ca/bobsrtruck.jpg

I’m sorry, is that Kz’s truck there on the bottom right?

AND

I already called you out months ago for selling chinese multi-link arms to guys on this forum that you had modified tricking them into beleiving that they were actually the arms that i produce here in Canada.

You are the epitome of:

Talking out of one’s ASS

here is the pic here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Placid/SR20DET%20Truck%20Build-Up/IMG_0244.jpg

notice how it’s apart of Koz’s build thread?

link here:

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27838

Which one of your mod-buddies will come to your aid this time bobbo? to pull rank and delete my perfectly reasonable posts

Or do they also tire of your idiocy.

Please for the love of god just shut your rediculous face and stop making a blithering fool of yourself.

Bob you seriously need to lay off associating bing’s business with the club’s interest.

If I ran a business, what, are you going to start badgering me as well?

He isn’t mixing the two nor is he abusing his status in the hopes of raising his business or whatever.

This is just a low blow and you know it:

I suggest everyone stop running this place like a sloppy Bing’s advertisement and start running it like an enthusiast car club,

Why don’t you try and help answer technical questions or whatever, rather than trying to spend every waking moment in trying to stop bing from selling his parts on SON or bashing it.

I’m not just posting this because I’m ‘toight’ with bing or whatever, but it’s not like I’ve been blind about the feuds you two have had over the years.

I wanna chime in here in regards to Bing selling parts…

I’d like to thank Bing as hes helped me out BIG TIME with parts. IF it was not for him offering them in the 1st place, the odds of me buying them else where was slim. AND even if I were to buy some of the parts else where, I would have spent even more money. So not only as he helped me out by offering the parts, his prices also help keep me from going poor.

In REALITY, this club needs more people like Bing supporting the 240 community and offering quality parts at a quality price :wink:

Jeff, thanks, but it’s not necessary.

I think everyone knows what bob is all about and that what he SAYS will never be able to overshadow what i have DONE.

The truck is mine, the ad is mine, I didn’t post that picture in the add, it was posted by the guy who is in charge of projectsource.ca. I didn’t include that picture at all. Message him yourself and ask, his username is Martiniracing.

So swing and a miss.

I do know quite a bit on the subject. But thanks for proving nothing otherwise.

My mod buddies? How sad is it that a grown and married man is making a big deal about mod buddies on a forum?

I’m giving you the heads up. Take it as an attack or whatever you want, because frankly you’ll go off at the drop of a hat.

I’ve given up trying to police administrators, because frankly, no one cares except those with other interests in the club. Take you for example, you weren’t disciplined for flying off the handle when everyone said you were going to be. Therefore, you pretty much go off any chance you get.

Like your posts on here, are the equivelant of a bunch of 16 year old kids at the races, and you’re an administrator? Nice example.

I already told you, it’s not about whether they’re doing it… it’s whether they have the motive too. There are reason conflict of interest laws apply to people. You can’t have an administrator to a car forum being someone who’s key demographic for their products are based on that forum.

It’s not right.

And yes if you had a business I’d say the same to you.

This forum doesn’t need more guys helping in tech. It needs a change in management, or at least the way it operates.

I don’t really care about your relation to Bing, it shouldn’t matter considering this is supposed to be a professionally operated board. That being said, take a look at Bings posts, and tell me they aren’t over the top inapropriate.

It’s not him selling parts, because regardless of how good or bad the parts are people will continue to purchase them.

Bing can take a supporting role that isn’t an administrative position. Thus there being no conflict of interest, and maybe then he’ll actualy stay in line.

Modest, considering the money you’ve made off these people.

They don’t owe you anything. You owe the people everything.

Thank them, not yourself.

Well I dont understand how their is conflict of interest and I fail to see how his position will encourage people to buy from him…

I could care less if hes an admin or a mod or if he even posted on the forum and his position has no influence over me when it comes to buying parts. Its actually quite simple, I can buy the part from ebay or even phase2 @ say $80USD + Shipping + Customs… WHY would I buy from then if I could get it from Bing for $80CDN to my door ? It has nothing to do with him or his position, it has to do with the price.

I’d disagree with this as well… How is it that you think Bing owes me because I’ve purchased items from him ? That would mean Zehrs owes me because I do my grocery shopping there, or Allstate owes me because I have my Insurance with them.

Again… I could buy a part else where and pay more money for it, or I could buy it from Bing and save, so as far as I see it, I owe him because without him offreing the part to me for that cheapre price I’d be getting screwed else where.

And again… I buy from Bing because the price is awesome and as far as Im concerned, so is the quality. I have yet to break a single goddamn part that I have purchased from Bing as well so its funny how you claim his parts are so low quality.

Listen if you can’t see the advantage of positioning in business then I’m not about explain it. Not because I’m saying you wont understand but because it’s a long explaination and right now I’m heading out soon.

Like I said, I can’t stop people from buying his products, all I can do is ecourage people to buy quality parts.

Any business that makes money owe the consumer for their sucess. He’s not offering a piece of machinery that saves lives. If anything it’s closer to the opposite.

I believe that last batch of exhaust he sold fell apart, with no offer of refund, but rather exchange for the same poorly made exhaust.

hey G, just a quick question.

roughly how much data is transferred per year from this site?

No, I understand what you are getting at with “advantage of positioning etc…” I just do not agree, or see it as a problem and I have a feeling that its not helping him as much as you may think or making him that much more money or as much money as you may believe it to be.

I can understand your arguement for quality parts as well since you do get what you pay for. But as many people have mentioned time and time again, their are certain items/parts which may be of lower quality but are just as good as the top end part. Personally, I have ran Bings Manifold, Ext & DP since April 05 and they all have well over 25,000kms. They are not rusted to shit, they have not cracked at all, no welds, hangers or anything have broken. I also have his Short Shifter and beat on the damn thing and it hasnt bent or broken and it doesnt even rattle! all over 25,000kms later… so sure they may not be top of the line parts but hell I’m more then impressed and extremely pleased considering the money I spent and even if they all broke tomorrow, I could replace it all and still be cheaper then buying the Full Race Manifold for example. But their are some knock off items you dont buy and maybe the Exhaust is one, BUT Atleast he could exchange the systems for people and I do not believe the new ones are falling a part?

I can also partially agree with a business owing the consumer for their success. But it is done in different ways perhaps. Myself, I believe I help my conusmer with the simply fact that my price on Powder Coating is 75% of the time cheaper then anyone else, and many times, the customer is just shocked because I can save them some money. And when I say to them (Thank you for your business, I’m glad you are pleased with Finished blah blah) they say, NO! I owe you, I cannot believe it looks this good and you were so much cheaper then the other guy.

Well, I look at it the same way with Bing… hes helped me by SAVING ME MONEY! and that is what hes gave back to me as the consumer and whether you believe it or not, it does help, not everyone is rich and not everyone wants to spend every paycheck on a Full Race Manifold and they appreciate the people who are able to help them out and save them some money. And their is a very simple fact for that, cost of everything is going up everyday but wages are not, so people need to find ways to save every penny they can or they will not have any. So the people who will get their money are the people who can come up with ways to offer the consumer quality service, parts or whatever for the right price!

bobby-boy, if you dont like it you can leave and go start shit somewhere else.

Bing, be quiet for a second, I’m having a discussion with someone who can actually keep their spazzing in check for more then 30 seconds…

All valid points.

To be honest the quality of the manifolds are the same as an SSautochrome knockoff, and for the most part those manifolds seem to stay together reasonably well. However they aren’t warrentied like the full race ones, and really, they dont give you the gains or the mounting flexibility.

But they’re easy on the wallet.

I’m glad you see it, at the very least, as a 2 way street in business. That’s key for any business, whether it be a service or a good. I’m sure if he asked Varun he’s say the same thing. In fact I’m pretty sure Varun has done more then a few things to give back to his consumers to say thanks.

I appreciate you taking the time to actually think about what I said, rather then go off the deep end.

regardless of bing or any other vendors, and as bob mentioned before, i know that i for one would like to see a yearly statement of donations, vendor advertising, and club expenses… then i’d gladly pay for a membership.

however, so long as i don’t know how my money is being spent, regardless of how much or how little it is, there’s no reason for me to trust you (considering that information’s been kept under wraps). i know not everyone feels the same way, but this would be a good way to build some trust in the community and draw in some more memberships.

so long as i’m sure that the money is being spent wisely on things that would benefit the club, i wouldn’t have a problem donating more. but until then, no shot.

you may also wish to consider that no one is soliciting your money.

It doesnt matter if you donate or not. I will pay for the hosting or licensing or stickers etc. etc. As Andrew and myself and G and Dre have all done in the past.

If you want a corporation go play on GTcars… see how your suggestions for how the place is run go over.

I certainly dont have the time to put together financial statements for something that isnt even a real company, i get paid alot of money to do that sort of thing, so if you guys want to al donate and let me draw a salary then absolutely, we cna incorporate, set up a board of directors, have shareholder meetings. We’ll IPO son and you can all by shares and show up and put in your two cents.

I’ll assemble the year end statements, i have some experience with putting together statements for non-profit companies, and i’ll charge the same fees that a chartered accountant commands thanks very much. Hey thats kinda funny because i actually am certified to do that… or will officially be real soon.

in other words, dont donate your money, it doesnt matter.

people are doing it out of goodwill becuase they have extracted a great deal of value from the site. the moneis collected will go towards stickers and other promotional items.

also keep in mind that i am the only person who before the niagara meet this year, actualy recorded and offered up the balance of funds that i had collected.

therefore, your criticism is misplaced, as always.

Edit see below