Is this rate good?

x3

strong]http://www.grancoclark.com/images/mp_burning_money.jpg

You’re making that BMW SELLER a very happy person though.[/QUOTE]

Where are you guys seeing any better deals?

Better deals? No one in their right mind would buy a 318, unless the only other option was a 314.

I’m just getting into BMWs more, what’s wrong with 318s?

Exactly. If you want a decent BMW you are going to have to pay more money than that. If you are getting this car just to say you drive a BMW then go ahead and waste your money. But anyone will tell you this car is a waste of money.

yea… the 4cyl bmws suck balls… bmw should only have I 6 or higher

I’m not really looking for power in the car, all I want is decent gas mileage and comfort from this. Any other objections?

yea, it sux… get a 325 or anything with an I6…

You need to find a credit union.

With your so/so credit score, Your local credit union can probably do 6 to 8 % on a used. Age cutoff is company dependant.

And, don’t finance a 10 year old car.

And, Why are You getting a 318 for 8k?

Seems like you’re paying a few grand over blue book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-Bmw-318ti-5Speed-Sunroof-Leather-CLEAN-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ200063303921QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6007QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If thats the case, you should look at a audi a4. For that price you should be able to pick up a 98 or 99 plus have awd and decent power

It’s from a dealer, with all it’s options selected kbb is about $10k.

and then in addition to your car payment you need to have a large repair budget.

IMO financing anything that is out of warranty and could immediately need repairs = bad idea. Especially if its an unrelaible and expensive to fix european car. My Saab is paid for, but if it wasnt the repair costs would really be irritating, and it has been immaculately maintained its whole life. On most cars, the 60-80k mark is when things start going bad and major scheduled service needs to be done.

the 18 part of it for starters.

If you’re considering financing this any more than 3 years, get something newer with < 35k miles. You’re making the classic mistake of trying to buy more car than you can afford by going older with too many miles. I’m guessing at that rate you’ll looking at a 60 month loan. 4 years from now, when you still paying on it, you’ll be lucky if the car is still even running.

Well, I was going to do 36 or 48 months, probably 3 years. Everyone seems to be against 318s but no one says anything but they suck, what’s up with that? Why do they suck?

4cyl BMW, nuff said?

why do you like it, cuz it has an M3 lookalike sideskirts?

they are very underpowered and were the cheapest car bmw sold. it would be fine if you were getting it for a steal and/or were going to swap it, but it seems you are paying a premium for it.

Truth, they are underpowered is key. You are going to pay way to much for something you are not going to be happy with in a very short period of time. I would say look more often and take chance shots on cars even if you think you won’t get it for the price, that how I got my car. Lowballing FTW. At the end of your loan you don’t want to hate your car. And I bought my car on eBay through a dealer in georgia and got a loan by using www.lendingtree.com and CapitalOne Auto Finance ended up having the lowest interest rate of 6.5%. So unless you have terrible credit you should be able to do at least that. I was only 19 and got that rate.