Is this to big?

IF gets another set ill pick them up for 95

Guys on DSM forums used the XSpower ones and made 600, then swapped in a Buschur and Kinetic (that use the garrett cores I believe) and made almost 75 more.

LOL@comments trying to back up ebay intercoolers.

lol

The differences in the various generic intercoolers is so staggering; it’s so easy to tell them apart :bowrofl:

Yes, the differences are easy to pick out, but when it comes down to the cores, there are nearly zero companys that manufacture their own.

When have you seen a core that differs from this design:

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/turbo/coolercore.jpg

They are all the same. If you are picking up 75hp, then I’ll bet the inlet outlet positions and designs are the difference. In that, it’ll create different pressure drops, changing your manifold pressure, helping to give you more hp. 75hp on a 600hp setup isnt hard to find… 75hp on a 300hp setup is different. When I find an intercooler that does that, then i’ll buy it. Until then, the $100 ebay cores work just fine :wink:

yeah i agree…they all do the same thing…

and as for the size of that intercooler…its WAY bigger than you need…the size of it wont do you any good unless air gets to it all…so your not gaining any advantage over a intercooler half that size…bigger is not always better…no offense to you but people get outta control with intercoolers…it dosent take a very big intercooler to make hp…ive seen people with intercoolers literally a fraction of that size make 400whp

the difference comes from the type of aluminum used and the amout of heat it can dissipate. as well as the number of fins in the cores. MOST of the ebay cores are manfuactured in China as knock-offs using cheaper aluminums that do not dissipate heat as well. My ex-buddies ebay core fell apart from sitting a winter and oxidizing, he took a regular hose to it and all the fins in the first 3 rows fell off.

There’s a reason it’s cheap and it’s not because of supply/demand. China is knocking off everything now, even certain well-known vendors are shipping OEM parts to china to have them duplicated.

I dont think its that big… if you wanna see a BIG intercooler, ill have to take a pic of this 1100rwhp Supra thats down the shop right now getting an overall paint job. Its ridiculas, 4 inch piping!!! Im not sure of the dimensions, its a custom race intercooler made by Titan Motorsports.

If for this reason alone, I wouldn’t buy one.

I had a Garrett core on the DSM, and through a few salty PA winters, the thing looked brand new, sans some nicks in the polished tanks. My buddy’s eBay core was imploding after a few winter months. It’s still on the car (he isn’t too big into the performance scene,) but it’s so brittle.

Maybe so, but i’ve had my ebay intercooler on my alltrac for around 2 years and 2 winters. it shows no signs of corroding or falling apart. i never even wash the thing!

YAY for big ass intercoolers +1 from me

Shit!!! im takin it off and tossin it on the tacoma along with 2 Garret T98mm turbo’s…plus a shot of zex.

I dont know how much power i want to make yet. I dont even have a turbo. I was thinking at least a 63 trim To4e, but i dont know (if you have a turbo for sale let me know).

4508!!

what
i missed it

4508…nuff said.

I got a gt4294 that will sute your needs…

Cheap too

it really does come down to how the ebay intercoolers were made

the johnyracecar.com setups were great for the money and would last forever, to bad he was forced to quit production because of cheap chinese intercoolers that flooded the market

LOL RIIIIGHT. :bsflag: I remember his old ones, 1.5" cores with 2.5in end tanks…cut down diesels.

how cheap? any shaft play?

This one time I have to agree. I had a johnnyracecar front mount on my old talon, it took inefficient to a new level.

that intercooler won’t do a damn thing with no engine under the hood!!

where’s ted? he’s a smart fence. he knows three SR20s will pull a premium the week before race wars!!