Is this to big?

Got the new intercooler on my crx. Its 32"x12"x3".
Its i bit big, but you know what they say, go big or go home.

I think you just doubled the weight of your chassis sitting there.

lolz at the end tank design.

most of it wont get fresh air anyway, so it doesnt matter

IMO there’s no point in running a giant intercooler unless you actually need it - all you’re doing is making it take longer to hit full boost so it’s silly unless you genuinely need that large of an intercooler and you are modifying the front end to actually take advantage of it. A stock front end, even a chopped up one, is only going to expose like 50% of that thing at best, making it superfluous and probably even detrimental to your engine’s performance.

Am I the only one who thinks its not really a big intercooler? It just looks sorta big because the crx is so small.

I know you prob dont want to hear this but i made a TON more power from 2.25 ic pipe to 3"…

Looks good. what kind of power are you trying to make.

Its deff better then my johnny racecar i used to rock on my 11.90 stock ls car.

i had that same ic on my stock ls turbo setup

its not a bad ic and its really not that big just looks like it on the rex. ill have to dig up a pic or two of it on my hatch

LOL@Ebay intercooler.

No it’s not big, they’re putting 4 and 5" thick cores on DSMS now.

Hey that intercooler and pipe looks familiar!

Just because its not 100% visable to “fresh” air does not mean that its not disapating heat.

Here is how I rocked mine

+1 , next core for me will be a 4" core

looks good to me man, i know a few ppl who ran that core off ebay. It works well i personally had it on till i upgraded to a 4 inch core like previously stated. It held great for me at 30 psi on a 35R

just my 2 cents

lol I hope your using a really big turbo.

Its been proven there are no efficiency gains over 4" deep cores.

proof? its an air to air intercooler… if air isnt hitting it, its heat soaking. I’ll whip my heat gun out right now and prove it to you.

i think it should go on the tacoma!

Some did come stock turbo!

you’re gonna have to butcher that front end to make that fit. I wouldn’t feel safe driving around in a car without a front bumper either, if you wreck ohhh man!

LOL@Ebay intercooler.

:wtcslap: LOL@that being the same intercooler i saw make over 600whp on an RB26. Doesnt matter where it came from XSpower intercoolers aren’t that bad i guess, granted i wouldnt buy a “JDM intercooler” off ebay hahahaha

I made 620whp on an 75 dollar intercooler.

haha i was measuring heat on both sides and it was acually working (30 deg)

off topic but hey Joe, that kid that was selling those special edition civic wheels for $95 a while ago that you wanted said something about he’s getting another set to sell, if you still want them i’ll let you know if/when he gets them.