it's the off season now but it is never too early

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/rolex24/
to get tix to the rolex 24 at daytona. and trust me it is worth every second.

Sebring is where I would go. With 2 pugs, atleadt 2 acura lmp1s and 2 new audis as well as other surpises it will be a blast

I don’t think i could enjoy a long endurance live without being involved somehow.

Anyways, what’s the deal with your Sahlen’s team? They always seem to be behind the other gt full timers. Do you guys have some kind of new package or is it more of a funding issue? Do you guys get factory support?

no we don’t get factory support. that and the cars are in there 3rd year, so we are still learning the cars.

yea but you lose out on 12 hours of racing!:banghead:

Yeah but the racing is better and the cars are cooler :slight_smile:

Monterey sports car championship was a blast this past year, it helps that I was only 5 hours away

pics> http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/vt1992s10/Monterey%20Sports%20Car%20Championship/

and half of the classes have 5 cars or less.

My dad raced in the Rolex twice, it’s an awesome experience.

But overall car count is similar it is just over 4 classes instead of having a spec proto-nascar and a mismatched gt class. Plus which do you think is cooler:

http://images.highperformancepontiac.com/raceresults/0605_hppp_02z+2005_pontiac_gto+daytona_prototype.jpg

the dp pic you have is from about 5 years ago and there is a good reason that alms is dieing it is called it costs too much.

Yeah, now the dp’s are even uglier:mamoru: I don’t know where you are getting that alms is dying, what with a new manufacturer and a handful of new teams. The same cannot be said for the dwindling DP fields. What is going to happen to grand am when sponsors are hard to come by, you don’t think nascar will can it in order to keep the cup and busch car series afloat? Besides ALMS cars have ties to road cars and are pushing new technology which makes it ideal for auto companies to invest in the series, the same is cannot be said for grand am.

Agreed,

I think the ALMS is transitioning to a 2-3 class series. The lmp2 field looks to be kind of weak this year without the Penske Porsches. It would be nice if they can come up with a single P1 class. The GT2 field this year is going to be awesome to watch with the addition of the vettes and m3.
I pay attention to both series but i do find the alms series more entertaining.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! oh well to each his/her own.

one week till i leave people i will try to tape the start from my camera.

in know i keep bumping this but i will have pictures from the race and they should be better this year because i got a camera that is worth a damn.

Go figure team sahlens is in last place, would have never guessed that :slight_smile: Pretty lame race so far, only one daytona guppy on the lead lap, the next car is like 10 laps back.

So after watching the ending of the race I have 4 thoughts

1. Juan pablo is such a baby, they guy whines anytime things don’t go his way. He has been like this for awhile now but his comments after todays race just reassure this.

2. I love the phantom caution at the end of the race. I guess a 4 car battle wasn’t good enough for the France family. This series is slowly turning into nascar 2.

3. Congrats to brumos and David Donohue, 40 years after his father won the race

4. How awesome is it that a gt3 car won the gt class against it’s tube frame competitors.

The last couple hours were great. There was debris in the racing groove on that last caution. They didn’t show it on speed. I’m sure if they didn’t have all of the cautions that they wouldn’t of had 4 cars on lead lap. Made for an exciting finish at the end so i can’t really complain. I was really pulling for Donohue and the brumos car. His dad wrote an awesome book called “The Unfair Advantage” about his career. Definitely a good read.

motor went. 17 laps in so we just had a bad day we got 11th in the st race. so…take it as you will. and yes jpm is a BIG FAT ASS, just like Scott Pruett.