NYspeed 24 Hours of Lemons Team

Anybody interested in getting a team together?

They usually have 1 or 2 events that are close by every year…

cost of entry is cheap, and the event is pretty fun…

I am looking for drivers/crew members… also suggestions on a car…

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com

Read the rules if you dont know what this is all about

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/rules/

I’d be down

for a car suggestion… what about an eg hatch (rusty) could be gutted and quick

Fuzzy’s SHO would have been sweet for this.

M5 with mike and rx3 as 2 of 4-6 drivers?

24 hours = reliability lol SHO != reliable lol

le cackord?

I would be down for this

would it be located at the same track as this year?

closest locations

LeMONS NEW ENGLAND
Date: August 23-24, 2008
Track: Stafford Motor Speedway, Stafford Springs CT
Entry Deadline: Ten weeks before the race (14 June '08)
Late Entries: Considered case-by-case, space permitting

LeMONS DETROIT(ISH)
Date: September 13-14, 2008
Track: Toledo Speedway (Detroit), Toledo OH
Entry Deadline: Ten weeks before the race (5 July '08)
Late Entries: Considered case-by-case, space permitting

there’s a $500 dakota on here FS…that could be fun…i would imagine a truck engine could take a bit more of a beating

Any old american boat that can take a beating if you tend to be agressive. Really anything that is simple/reliable. Last year I believe some old 70s Corolla was doing pretty well until it seized the rear axle. So anything can work really, so long as it durable and you stay out of accidents.

Lol, no way it would have made it 30 minutes in. Besides that’s long gone, and I’ll never own another one.

i just picked up a d16 vtec civic yesterday we could use…and the receipt says i only paid $100 for it!

and i also know of a B18 block/B20 head vtec combo that can be had for $500 as well…so buy that, pull motor/tranny, scrap shell, toss that setup in my eg and we still have $100 to play with.

and no i am NOT looking for other people to finance/swap my civic for me…i’m not that selfish :snky:

at high RPM? doubtful

I may be doing the Carolina one this coming year with a group from Philly. (Mostly BlownEuroz/AKA Rally people).

sounds good, and then we can bust the windows out and weld the doors shut

lol, i dont think it would be drivable after this

crappy body e30 or an eg would probably be the best bet… tires and brakes are free… soo. new pads/fluids and lines should be free too

HAHAH this is the most awesome thing ever…

Entrants are encouraged to bring all supporting evidence and make up plausible-sounding stories in advance.

ITs a cheat fest! I love it

it really isnt as far as i can tell, most people are pretty honest about it…

the key to a good car is selling off parts form the car your not gonna use… so get a civic hatch with a nice interior and sell it off…

Anybody seriously interested in doing this, should send me a PM

Cost is going to be aprox 2-300 dolallars per person, to split the cost of the car/entry fees/ misc parts…

at the end of the event, if we decide not to do it again, the car can be sold to any member for the original 500 dollar invetstment, or sold to the public and the proceeds split up between the team member drivers…

where is chino i bet he would be down for this too

This would be super badass, depending on date Id be down to document the event

word… i have part ownership in a super cheap impreza, im sure through some minor trickery it could be a good contender