Lets get a track day organized(road course)

Anyone interested in this? Any suggestions on an affordable place? I typically go to Watkin’s Glen which isn’t only pricey but usually a bit too structured for a fun, group day at the track.

I’ve got tentative plans to go to Putnam in IN in October but it’s a bit of a drive for a group to go out there so figured maybe we can get something together a bit closer around the September time frame.

I have an idea for a cheap, relaxed, fun day but I’m not sure if it will work. It would be sometime in September and I won’t know until next month.

We don’t have many options unless we’re traveling a good distance :meh:

listening

I’m in for a 3 hour drive for a good track day.

Yeah, I don’t mind driving 3 or 4 or even a bit longer if it’s worth it. Like I said I’m heading to Putnam outside of Indy in October because I think the $300 for 2 days is a steal.

Can you post any info on the possible option?

Not at the moment. I’ll be working on it next month.

Nelson Ledges has a “fun day” on Sunday Sept 11th. Those are pretty affordable but I’m not sure exactly how they’re setup.

Hopefully its late September, im out of town the first two wks.

Yeah we’ve talked about them a few times like here: http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?160645-Anyone-interested-in-Nelson-Ledges-Fun-Days&highlight=Nelson+Ledges

I went to a fun day a few wks ago, cant beat the price & amount of track time. Went on a Saturday for $130, track is a little rough but still was fun.

Do they separate run groups by experience? I don’t really want to be out there with a bunch of first timers. The website doesn’t give much info on that.

My criteria for setting up our own day is under $100 and under 1hr drive… I’m a dreamer I know, lol.

Google says a little over 3 hours from my house (williamsville). Gates open at 8am according to their site. Not sure I want to leave at 5am or just go down the night before and stay over.

If you pull that off you’re my hero. :lol:

They run 2 groups A and B, I ran in B until I got a few laps in then just started running in A. You move yourself up, no permission needed.

I left on friday night, stayed at a cheap hotel nearby for the night. Gates open at 8am but the drivers meeting was not until 9:30 I believe, and your not on track until 10.

Definitely interested.

Yeah, that’s the direction I’m leaning right now. I like being wide awake for a track day and getting up at 5 then driving 3 hours doesn’t seem like a good way to be 100% focused while on track. I’m normally up at 6 every day though so I’m really on the fence.

What about heat soak?

Ok, so who’s serious about the nelson fun day on 9/11? I’m 95% sure I’m going to send in my money next week but would like to go down with someone from the area.

I need to make sure nothing is going on…I’m pretty sure every one of my weekends is booked until then. I’m not exactly from the area though as I’m a bit south but depending on the route it takes me there we could probably meet up.