Lets get a track day organized(road course)

Yeah, I’m not real concerned about cruising there together. I’ve got GPS, I’m sure I’ll find the place just fine. More interested in having someone somewhat from the area in case of car troubles. If you have to run into town for an emergency part to get home with etc.

Depending on how I feel I may actually trailer my car down so we’ll have to going for us also…unless multiple cars break.

I really don’t expect problems but I just like to plan ahead. Having everyone coming from the same place was one of the best parts about the Dunnville track days.

What about it? If you are concerned about overheating your car on course and don’t have gauges to watch oil temps and such run 20-25 min sessions and you should be ok. If your car is overheating in that time you may want to check out your cooling system and or upgrade it if you are having problems. If you brakes are overheating then brake earlier and coast more.

It is very likely that I could do a event in sept. I will be hauling my car with a trailer for sure. It is 21 years old I like the insurance. Plus driving a Touareg for 6 hours > being in a SHO for 6 hours. I know I could build interest from some of the guys that I raced with in june. That was a good group of people. I think everyone enjoyed that track, and the money is right.

I’ve had it on the WNY-SCCA schedule since March, we are at least bringing down both the LeMons also.

I doubt that you would need to secure a deposit, unless you want to do the school on 9/10.

Im interested in a track day, but I was looking at Nelson Ledges for this summer, and after watching some videos, it seems to be poor track surface and generally unexciting. How far is Mid-Ohio? Probably in the middle of Ohio so like 4-5 hour drive

What we used to have at Dunnville…poop :worf:

WNY needs a track really bad

:\

I miss Dunnville…

You pay cash at the gate when you do a fun day at Nelson, no preregistration needed.

[QUOTE=FlatBlak;3250164]Im interested in a track day, but I was looking at Nelson Ledges for this summer, and after watching some videos, it seems to be poor track surface and generally unexciting. How far is Mid-Ohio? Probably in the middle of Ohio so like 4-5 hour drive

Nelson is a great track with lots of racing history. I would never call it unexciting, it is a very fast track that makes it really easy on brakes compared to a track like dunville or TMP. Dont let the stories of poor track surface scare you away. It does need to be repaved, but its not like you have to avoid any areas on the track. I got 70 laps in when I went last and had no issues.

Mid Ohio is another great track, but expect to pay in the $500 range if you want to do a weekend DE there in the summer. They have deals through PCA, but they really only host DEs in the early spring or in the fall during the week to keep costs down.

I’d love to do the school, unfortunately I have a wedding I have to go to on the 10th. Great to hear some other WNYers will be down there.

Good to know. When I saw this thing about emailing them to register I just assumed they were going to ask for a deposit.

http://www.nelsonledges.com/GOTRegistration.aspx

I’m 100% in. Just sent the email. I’ll be driving down the morning of and hopping on the 290 @ maple by 6am if anyone wants to meet up and cruise together. I don’t speed too much, cruise will be set @ 75 on the thruway.

You’ve been to Dunnville right? Which I would describe as the driver is always busy, lots of turns, without looking up my lap times low to mid 60 mph.

Nelson every turn is relatively easy, but with that being said it would be only unexciting if you did something like brake or lift of throttle before them, lap times mid to high 80 mph.

Jay, what day are you going?

9/11.

I could be down for this. I need some new shoes for my car, was really hoping to make it through the summer without buying rubbers :wink:

Well, that is just my opinion about Nelson guys. I was looking to get out on racing circuits like Watkins Glen, but Nelson is worth a second look if you guys say its fun and fast

Ill be in out of town… Anyway since you dont have to preregister at all you can bail out at the last moment if the weather is looking bad. I actually backed out on the wk I originally scheduled to go due to rain.

I will try to get a vid up to give you an idea of the track. I was messing around with trying to get an overlay from harry’s lap timer synced up with my gopro vid but I havent been able to get it done.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Nelson is a very different animal than Watkins, I will just leave it at that.

I would like to do track day… not sure how much fun it would be in a lifted jetta… :confused: but ill get somthing together.

Flatblak when you come up for me to mod your ECU chat with Somedude he has done a ton of tracks all over. has some great input.

This was one of the better videos I found:

This one is pretty good too:

Going to borrow my buddies gopro hero and get some video myself when I go.

Watkin’s glen is amazing and 10x closer for me but it’s a completely different level of track and about 2-3 times as expensive.

Anybody ever been to TMP, in Ontario, a little past Dunnville? I see they have lapping events. http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/raceway/open_car_lapping.html
Have no idea if the course is interesting but looks pretty easy to get in.

Anyone ever been? Pricing is still decent, might be another option.