I've been robbed

By UPS and hockeygiant.com. $45 fk’n dollars to send a pair of mission skates back to hockeygiant because their size chart is WRONG!

Fuck buying shit offline.

you should probably try skates on before buying them anyway… regardless of what a size chart says. they all seem to fit differently.
what did you get? i never really had much luck with mission stuff.

every pair of missions I ever had broke …either the eyelets pulled out or the chassis broke

mission fits differently than almost any other skate. if you read the chart it says missions run in conjunction with US shoe sizes while most other skate brands run to where you need to get a size smaller or something. so basically if you wear a size 10 shoe, get a size 10 Mission skate but a size 9 CCM (etc), of course thats just an estimate, but you get the point.

Just another case of the fact you’d be better off going to your LHS than ordering over the internet.

meh. the local stores here blow and are overpriced.

meh, really depends… if your looking to spend top dollar mt lebo mom then your in luck… but bargain deals are harder to find…

Missions tend to run true to your actual shoe size majority of the time… not like bauers/ccms. I wear 10 in a bauer 9.5 in a ccm and 11 in a mission.

Dan, I have goalie equipment now. you still have your old skates?

thats been covered

lol. apparently dan is as slow on the internet as he is in the goal.

yah you can have them if you would like.

this would be true if I was still fat!

:bowrofl::hahano::hahano::hahano:

The missions do NOT run to shoe size anymore, atleast for the inline skates. All my shoes are 11 or 11.5 and the skates I ended up needing were 10’s.

I ended up getting the soldier skates. I got 5 years out of my old mission skates.

Why was it $45? Restocking fees?

Never had any issues with Mission, first time I ever wore anything that wasn’t Bauer. I’m not dissapointed, but I do wish the heel incline was steeper.

x2 for local stores being shite. Perani’s is decent for small things, but I get scared every time I drop off my skates to some pimply-faced 16yr old for sharpening. I’ve had them nicked so bad they had to buy me new blades, radiii were way off, etc. I buy almost everything online now…

The last 3 times i’ve been in Perani’s i’ve had to correct them on the price of whatever i was buying. i think they just throw i price out there and see if they can get it. i bought a pair of one90’s the week one95’s came out… and they “accidentally” tried charging me $650… lame

X2 on trying them on before buying. I’ve found Perani’s to get pretty close to online prices when their shit is on sale, but that’s rare. And most everywhere except them don’t have very good selection.

Perani’s doesnt care about thier Pittsburgh store. My buddy managed it for a while and he told me that it’s a pain in the dick to get them to ship anything to them.

and Dan, Yes. bring the skates next pickup.

when did that change? 2 ppl on my inline team bought misions this year, the one kid bought wicked 1s and they ran true to shoe size (not sure about the other kid). also, a friend of mine got new mission ice skates and it was the same deal. :dunno:

A proper fit for skates should fit 1-1.5 sizes smaller than you street shoes…Most skates use this formula except Mission skates, which run true to shoe size.

taken straight from hockey giant fitting chart. dunno, bud

kind of a silly point to argue… my shoe size changes depending on what brand of shoe it is. none of it is exact, so how can you determine an accurate skate size from something as inaccurate as a shoe size?
regardless of whether or not you like pricing at local stores, i dont know a single one of them that charges to try on a skate. just go get fit, find something you like and order them off line if you chose.

^^^exactly. Go local to try on the same exact skate, or at the least the same brand…go home and order. The only crappy issue is having the baked…gotta go back to a local store unless you are comfortable throwing your new skates into your oven