Jaguar hood ornament worth $2000

I call BS
http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buffaloerie/story/116469.html

Why in the hell would it be worth $2000. Not like it’s made of gold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JAGUAR-X-TYPE-LEAPING-CAT-HOOD-ORNAMENT-emblem_W0QQitemZ190126840940QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33643QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Most expensive one on E bay

only way $2k. hood ornament,paint,hood,labor etc. if it was actually ripped off of car and did damage…

She should just replace it with a Mac dog.

is she actualy claiming the emblemin and of itself is 2k

or did she say something to the effect of “its going to cost me $2000 to replace it” ?

considering that im SURE she didnt have her hood open when it got stolen, lets do a very rough estimate of price:

$600 for a hood
$500 to repaint the hood and fenders (gotta blend)
$200 for a new grill
$75 for a new latch if they pried to open the hood
$250 for the emblem
+labor (except for the paint price, that includes labor)
+tax
= an easy 2g’s …

edit: hell, ive seen $1000 bills for HOOD replacement . as in “theres a dent in my hood, can you fix it” and theres NOTHING damaged except sheetmetal

[quote=“choko,post:3,topic:32191"”]

only way $2k. hood ornament,paint,hood,labor etc. if it was actually ripped off of car and did damage…

[/quote]

Still wouldn’t cost $2000 unless they pulled the fenders, hood, and bumper off with it.

A Georgia woman reported to Buffalo police that sometime over the weekend a Jaguar hood ornament valued at $2,000 was stolen off her car on Columbus Avenue, according to police reports.
The woman, from Roswell, Ga., said her tan 2003 Jaguar was parked at 52 Columbus from about 11 p.m. Saturday until about 3:30 p.m. Sunday when the ornament was ripped off her car.

oh, and if they managed to break a highlight in the process… because i DOUBT they got it off by using an airchisel to neatly cut around it … headlights will add another 400 each AT LEAST

and if its an HID headlight, 800 for a housing w/o the hid units, 1200 complete with all HID parts

and oh yea, if they pried, radiator swap, core support repairs / swap. new hood pad, new core support stickers (if they bother) bumper damage?

theres TONS of shit that could add up to 2k if the theives didnt care if they REALY fucked the car up

get in / get out thefts usualy arent neat

or the bitch just thinks that how much jag hood ornaments cost, lol

thats probably what the dealer told her the cost was to replace it. to a woman, that is what the ornament is “worth”

I hear coated plastic is quite pricey these days.

If she was as much a pain in the ass as she sounds, whoever gave her the estimate didn’t want to do the job and just made it expensive.

X…

thats hot if she gets 2k in insurance money.

it was probably dimond studded who the fuck knows. it doesnt say it was a stock oem one right?

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:10,topic:32191"”]

I hear coated plastic is quite pricey these days.

[/quote]

plastic is “space age”… which is why all Dodge, GM, and Fords have space age materials for their interiors.

Just an FYI.

i hope someone steals her wheels next

just because

[quote=“ly555is,post:15,topic:32191"”]

i hope someone steals her wheels next

just because

[/quote]

What do you think? About $10k for the wheels…???:slight_smile:

It’s the Buffalo news. Just because they said “valued at” doesn’t mean they didn’t totally botch their facts as usual. I’m guessing it was supposted to say with the damage and misc parts/labor to fix it will end up costing 2k.

Moral of the story though, don’t have nice things in Buffalo.

[quote=“rdandy5875,post:16,topic:32191"”]

What do you think? About $10k for the wheels…???:slight_smile:

[/quote]

It’s not so much the cost of the wheels as it is the cost of the lugnuts used to attach them to that rare and stylish mass-produced steel body.

I bet the jag dealer rapes people for one of these things.

maybe its solid gooooooooold