insurance question with jag damage..

ok well… if u seen my post a few days ago with my e-brake miss hap… i got an estimate ttoday…fruiggen 3,200 bucks!!..danm foriegn cars… soo what do I do? i have a 500$ deductiable…should i go thru insurance…or should i try and find a wrecked x-type… i have full collision but i dont want to jack up my rates… this is so gay… i thought insurance was for when ur car got jacked up they will nfix it…i shouldent have to worry about my danm rates gooin thru the roof!! ughh its so screwy… whats your suggustions??

I dont know what anal rapists gave you that estimate but that is not $3200 worth of damage.

unless your under 25 don’t worry about it…
just switch companies after they try and jack it up

he’s 18.

and 3200! :eek:

Take the 3200 - 500 deductable - 1500 it actually costs to fix it - 1200 net raised insurance for 3 years = 0 break even.

^^Good advice. Do that. You’ve been paying for collision in case you, um, have a collision. Use it.

thats no more than a $7-800 repair. New rear deck/paint bumpercover finished and painted.

7-800 is a little low, but I think that 3200 is a bit high.

My Girl ended up under someone’s tow hitch… she needed new hood, headlights, evaporator, and bumper… and it was $2500 although this was for a cavy not a jag.

He needs a new trunk… New Light, New Bumper cover.
The new trunk and bumper cover w/o paint will probably cost 900-1000
Light should be about 200, then there’s labor, and paint.

^ paint and labor are insane with the insurance companies. I had a crash a couple years ago…parts came to about $2k, but after paint and labor, it was almost $7k. And this was on my Alero. Domestic.

3200 sounds about right for this.

wtf… on my moms CRV, i took out a treet sign and the hood/ pass fender/ door coer/ front bumper/ headlight were dstroyed and that all came out to $3200…

the trunk lid alone costs 600 bucks…i was there when we were lookin it up…then the bumper…was a few 100…and the reverse sensors were some $$$… and the friggen tail light was like a few 100 bucks as well…danm this shit adds uP!!

Ohhh, didn’t think of the sensors, and a $600 trunk lid! HOLY JAGUAR!

tyler just claim it. you’re 18 with 20 something tickets and i don’t think this is your first mishap with body damage IIRC. you’re fucked on insurance no matter what. espeically once that crazy ticket you got a month ago goes through…jailbird :wink:

3200 isnt bad at all.

New Deck
New Tailllight
New Bumper
Full prep and paint
Disassmbly/Reassembly
Material Disposal
Wet Sand and Buff

You people must not have a clue as to what things cost in the real world. You cant forget that these will be all new OEM Jag parts as opposed to used, generic whatever. You could fix it yourself for around 2g if you found used parts and a friendly painter. My Audi wast estimated at over 4 g to fix, and I am fixing it with used parts for under 1500, but your jag is new…pay the deductible and have a quality repair done.

ummm, used tail light $200, Bondo $75, Paint and Primer $150, then just fix it yourself.

it doesnt need a new bumper, and your adjuster will come out and make note of that. he will also chew that 3200 down to about 2k.

I dont think you know what you are talking about. I worked for a body shop. Its about $800 in paint materials and labor. + whatever the parts cost. $3200 is way high. They will get a used lid / bumper if they can. Even if new this should not be too much over $2000.

Gerstner Collision on Main St. in Williamsville. Tell him Jack sent you and he will tell you exactly what its worth. They do a excellent job as well. If you were to get it done anywhere have Ron do it.

Gerstner does do good work, but I worked at Autobahn which specializes in luxury vehicles and you dont use used parts on a new luxury car over there. I am not saying the car cant be fixed for less, i am saying that a 3200 dollar estimate for that damage using new parts isnt bad at all.

using audi prices:

deck lid: 700
tail light: 150+
bumper cover + steel/alum support: 600

• dissassembly time, reassem time, chrome bumper insert, an exhaust if the on on there is fucked up, paint … 3200 is an understandable price

edit: and figure that a quality paint job is usualy 250+ PER PANEL … more for a large panel like a 1/4 …

Lets go insurance adjusters!!! Lets go!!!

(i know uve seen the commercial), fix it urself with the used parts and pay someone to spray it.

Like everyone said I am sure it can be done cheaper, but if you have stuff replaced with all OEM parts and such and painted its gonna be expensive. Im sure you could find a trunk lid and a headlight at a bone yard with one easy call. Im sure some guys could easily just fix that trucnk lid rather than replace it too… My truck got messed up with a light hit like this awhile ago. The damage was estimated at 900 dollars, my deductable was 500, I had it fixed for 300 bucks and pocketed 100 on the deal. The work was done really well too.