Insurance question, (deer damage)

Okay, as most of you know I got hit by a deer months ago.
The insurance adjuster did an estimate for me and came up with 950$. But he didn’t have a 08 parts avail. for subaru wrx. SO he used an 07. Obviously the 08’s will be more expensive to fix.
HE also wrote that the front fender can be repaired and he didn’t estimate any paint matching.

The guy who does all my work (and does an awesome job) said it’s going to cost about $1,900. including all the paint blending and replacing the front fender ( he doesn’t want to repair it because it’s a new car and it just won’t look the same)

I can’t get a firm answer out of the insurance company…so I’m going to do it the right way, pay him the 1900 and have my insurance pay me the $900 they owe (my deductable is $1,000)
Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

I would not go ahead with it until the insurance company gives the green light to a $1,900 bill.

Doesn’t the insurance company have to go by the estimate that the shop you choose gives for the repair?

I say this simply because the only time I’ve submitted a claim, I just faxed in the estimate, and they sent me a check for the exact amount of the estimate.

Honestly.

I’ve had a ton of cars fixed by shops that I know, friends who own body shops, etc.

It all turns out to be a headache to be the middleman between the insurance company and your body shop.

I would just recommend taking the car to the body shop that the insurance company recommends, this way they fix it, and give you a rental car.

You don’t have to worry about anything at all.

Geico goes through carruba I think now, and next time I’m just letting them fix it.

^ After the work Carruba did on my Expedition I think I’d rather fight with the insurance company to take it somewhere else.

The way the insuracne company put it, they didnt write up to match the paint or replace the fender (which is needed)
My car is black, so a misscollored fender/bumper will be noticable

Get another estimate? My brother got rear ended the adjuster estimated it to be 2200, we all had a good laugh at that. Asked for another adjuster to come out and take a look and he estimated it a tad under 5000.

Just call your insurance up and ask for the adjuster to re-examine the damage.

I’d go get at least two more estimates. If the next two also say $1,900, then the insurance will have to adjust their estimate.

Its all about who they let examine the car. Some adjusters don’t know their ass from their elbow. Thats why my $18,000 Scion had $13,000 worth of damage and was fixed. The adjuster was a moron.

Don’t accept the check or sign anything until you agree on the repair costs. Get another estimate and then call the adjuster back. If he won’t budge then go to his supervisor.

:lol:

But srsly.

They won’t write you a check for $900 if they haven’t agreed that is the cost. Submit your estimate and see what they say. If they tell you to pound sand then you shouldn’t have such cheap insurance.

No.

What would stop joe-douchebag from getting his buddy to write him a $10,000 estimate for $2,000 worth of work.

You will need at least 3 estimates that match to argue against an adjusters valuation, even then, it is still an argument/fight.

Meh, I had 2 estimates that were in agreement and they just cut me a check for the amount. I certainly didn’t fight or argue for it.