Jay Leno's Garage

Anyone else a fan of this webshow? If you haven’t seen it yet… you owe it to yourself to check it out. Mr. Leno is a true car guy, loves his cars and really does his homework. I really enjoy his reviews.

2008 SSC Ultimate Aero - Worlds fastest production car

Nissan GTR

Heh classic quotes include
“I see german food up ahead, its a Porsche… lets eat it!”

“This is a great car… for running away from the camera man steps on it

jay leno kills it.
hes also got a wicked bike collection

hey lopez were you cruising down highway 7 at around 9-10pm tonight. You own a white coupe right… I think I saw you near bayview.

^ ^ ^
yea i work around there.

damn man your coupe sounds mean, looks clean as hell too.

lol @ his triple chin when going into boost while driving the aero

whats with him and checking his own oil? hahaha

I wonder if Top gear is or has done a review on SSC Ultimate Aero, anyone know?

thank god jay didnt take on Top Gear US… he is horrible compared to the Top Gear guys…

who gives a shit about the disptick

Being able to diagnose something yourself is necessary for most gearheads.

Yes, he’s filthy rich but I’m sure he likes to get his hands “dirty” once in a while.

The thing with Jay is that he isn’t biased towards a specific manufacturer, like Jeremy Clarkson.

Jay is basically the everyday gearhead, he just has more money and can pay people to do ‘hard’ work that he can’t/won’t do himself. I’m sure he gets his hands dirty once in a while. Though he does has an absurd amount of money, he isn’t arrogant about it.

^^ Which is exactly why I respect him as a car enthusiast.

From what I’ve seen/read he does do a LOT of work in the garage, but dude owns way too many cars to maintain them all himself. Plus, he’s a busy guy.

i found the whole of his videos to be very boring and very old fashioned.

Top Gear is a whole other sort of auto-journalism and Jay isnt even trying to get with the program or even go in another direction with it.

He asked boring questions, does boring things with the cars and the videography and editing could be done by highschool students in AV class using 2 decade old equipment.

he is obviously writing everything himself because it isnt even as good as his monologues which also suck, but are at least written for him.

i like Leno and respect him as a car enthusiast as much as anyone else, but those videos and his critique are retarded. I could easily do a better job on a whim with no practice, warning or training.