JDM type-x bumper lights

do these suckers need a new wiring harness to replace the USDM one?

the clips are unique to them, yes

if you want it done properly, get both sides of the JDM type X connector, cut the clip off the end of the 240sx harness, and solder the jdm harness-side clip to your 240sx harness

ya tim was telling me about that. where the hell do i get replacement plugs though?

If these are the 1/2 clears you are talking about then the side marker lights use the same connector. Pretty common connector on a nissan, spend 5 minutes at any junk yard and I’m sure you’ll come across one.

No, he’s talking about the square Type-X bumper lights, not half clears…

Your best bet would be to hunt around for a Type-X front clip and see if you can get’em, or I think like silkroad or someone can get the lights, they may be able to get the connector as well.

ive got all the lights already, just need the connectors for the turn signals, as the square lights seem to work, although i havent tested them.

Sorry to go off-topic, but since I’ll be getting the 1/2 clears for my Zenki, I wanted to ask it now:

How do they work? I noticed that there is only one plug, how does it know when to work just the clear light and the orange signal light? Or when to be on at the same time (if that does happen)? Its intrigued me for a while now.

When I do eventually get these, are they just plug and play?

They are plug and play. The JDM harness splits the connections for you between the clear and turn signal. You just plug it in and go!

Yes.

And if you don’t get the subharness with your 1/2 clears, you’ll have to make it yourself.

red wire w/ blue stripe is for the parking light

green wire/ black stripe is for the turn signal

black is ground

just try to find something off a canadian car that fits the back of the type X lights

I checked a lot of stores for a harness piece that would match, and nothing.

so like i was saying, just try to use another bulb insert circle piece thingy to fit.

also try other more recent nissan and infiniti models

g20s, maximas, etc

I had the JDM front type X lights…i’m sure they were plug n play IIRC…