Jeep Grand Cherokee > Jetta VR6

Big time. He was on my ass at the light and I pulled away pretty quick. He got on it a lil. THen got next to me and got on it a lot. Walked me pretty damn good. Guess those 6.1L Hemis are no Joke. Need to get teh SHO out for a few weeks before the snow flies.

so it was a SRT-8? if it was a regualr Hemi then it was only a 5.7L, and while they’re pretty damn quick, they’re nothing too special. not to put down your VR6 or anything.

jeep srt8’s are the second quickest srt made…

i was refering to the standard 5.7L Hemi. and i will be the first to tell, u those SRT-8 GCs are fucking BALLLER!!!

I wouldn’t mind having one as a winter beater, LOL!

None takes its just a DD. My other whip is ~ 3 sec faster.

Def and SRT-8. That thing sounded bad-AZZ with its twin center mount exahusts! ALmost looked like it had butterfly valves in the mufflers like the Z06 but I couldn’t get close enough to be sure. :lol:

:lol:

Nice death. :tup:

i was suprized b4 i read down further cuz ive beaten 5.7 hemis with my moded 8v jetta and they were dissapointing. i rolled a jeep on teh 400 up past his speed limiter. and ran just abt even through a little traffic with a 5.7 magnum.

SRT8 =! 5.7

it’s like, 425 WHP lol

YES the 6.1 hemi puts out 425 hp. but as stated the 5.7 is only 340hp.0-60 in 6.4. these are HEAVY cars to say the least, and with a short gearbox my car did run with the magnum 0-70ish without a problem, my car does lack top end speed so its fair to say that i would not beat one in a 1/4 mile stright ahead, as i dont have the gearing/power to go anywhere over 75 in any kind of a hurry. im not saying i blew them away. i said light traffic with a few lane changes. we ran even. my 8v runs 16’s but ive run even with many V8’s including my buddys thunderbird with mods. ive beaten mk3 vr’s with light mods. so as he said it was an srt8…wich would blow many of us away.

…sorry for the ranting, just thought id explain as much as needed.

VW’S = SLOW AND :gay2:

unless said car is owned by jeager.

Another thing about the Hemi V-8: The Grand Cherokee managed 0-to-60-mph sprints in just 7.0 seconds,weighing a fairly portly 4860 pounds , the Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 5.7L tripped the quarter-mile lights in 15.5 seconds at 90 mph.
Zero to 30 mph 2.6
40 mph: 3.7
50 mph: 5.2
60 mph: 7.0
70 mph: 9.0
80 mph: 11.9
90 mph: 15.5
100 mph: 19.9
110 mph: 25.4
Street start, 5-60 mph: 7.4
Top-gear acceleration, 30-50 mph: 3.5
50-70 mph: 4.8
Standing 1/4-mile: 15.5 sec @ 90 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 112 mph

(my car is not governed and passed onto 120 with my old long geared trans.)

ok. my '94 8v jetta did a 0-60 run in 9.7 according to my G-tech. i was very satisfied with that result since it was ~.5 seconds faster than what car and driver could do back in '94. this huge truck still has you beat.

ohhhhh c’mon! you have been VWless for like 2 weeks now and u are jumping on this bandwagon? i’m not saying it isn’t true, but i am a little let down :wink:

and i have respect for that JJ.that is fine for a 94 that weights in more then 400lbs more. and my car has abt 25hp in bolt ons. so my car did 0-60 in abt 7( abt the same as a 92 16v gli) also. my car pulls a 1/4 in less then 17.0 on 14" street tires. ive also g tech’d mine but that was stock and running [email=“17.2@84mph”]17.2@84mph. abt a year ago. and its much better now then it was then.
ive run even with vr’s. that is that.

With a 2.o mk3 jetta?
A VR what??? Bus?
And just curious as to what bolt ons you have that you think add 25 hp?

The only thing I ever say make any N/A gains for an aba was an intake manifold that wasn’t designed like shit.

i ran with a mk3 VR6 GLX and ran side by side.

first off i dont have a mk3. i have a mk2 8v digi. sns chip(i considered a bolt on), 268 cam,head work,ported TB, modified maf, adjustable cam gear,2 1/4TT catback, larger injectors, modified fueling. no internal motor work was done, just headwork, and “bolt-ons”.
so yes i do run with hemi magnums to abt 80 where i start running out of gear/tourqe.
its not my fault people think moding a 2.0 will get them anywhere. ive tuned my 8v as far as I will go. and i like it the way it is. i never said i blew anyone away. i said i ran side by side. and ran higher top speed then the grand cherokee.
im not sure why no one understands what ive posted as being even ‘possible’.

you dont get power out of 2.0 cuz they are too small a motor for the heavy ass mk3 body.
mk2 lightened just a little, the right gearbox. and the right mods= faster then a 2.slow.
i can get my thunderbird buddy to vouch for me, and a few guys that have rode in my car to say yeah its alot faster then 8vs should be.
i hope that clears up any misinterpritations.