Jeff Reed

He was saying (from what I gather) that you don’t have to be a 300 lb guy who can run a 4.0 40 and still be a kicker. Most of the kicker’s are just average as far as muscle and size. Most of us couldn’t be a linebacker or on a line in the nfl simply because we could never be big and/or fast enough, those people are freaks. But most of us could train from a young age to be a kicker and actually have a shot becasue size and strength don’t really matter that much.

:dunno:

^ correct.

Big billy bob said it perfect.

Well if that’s what he’s saying then I agree… but he made it sound like anyone could just go out there and kick field goals if he did it as a young kid.

For what its worth I only play ice hockey now, I dont want anyone playing soccer with my balls. :scared:

You fail at being your own leader.
He did say that, you fail…

Made a good case, but fell to others.
I can careless, except Jper is whiny bitch from mon valley

Anything’s possible.

I guess.

lol.

(A side note: There are players in the league who are your size who AREN’T kickers or punters. Sproles is 5’6", and you’d only have to gain 20 lb to catch him in weight.)

:cookie:

where do you play?

i didnt say just practice i said condition themselves. big difference. conditioning is intensive and specific.

thats exactly what i meant

sproles doesnt have size but i think i also mentioned God given ability… he obviously was born with speed or enough ability to develop it. u can only develop ur abilities so much. i made it to college baseball and i knew the dream was over.

which is why many people, regardless of training, can never be NFL kickers.

No criminal record.

the skill set is not something that can’t be developed in an average joe. the skill set for a running back and return man is something that can’t be developed unless u have some natural athletic ability. Ok no they are not gonna take poindexter and make him a kicker but you take ur average red blooded american boy that plays sports at an early age you could surely condition him to kick field goals. The skills it takes to kick field goals is not something out of the average mans reach is what i’m tryin to say. Its like if you had a designated foul shooter in basketball… you could condition almost any person to shoot foul shots with solid consistancy because it doesnt take much athletic ability to shoot foul shots…

He can have half of mine.

Nation Felon League !