Job Search

Any one have any knowledge or a little help in finding a job in the Banking, operations, IT feild. I have to leave this place, where I am currently employed

www.monster.com
www.careerbuilder.com

Are some of the better searches I’ve found.

even though i am bored here…its decent money and good company.

Citizens Bank is hiring customer service reps…I am now part of our IT department…but you can move up rather quickly.

If you interested they hire through a temp agency ( called Manpower )then to hire within 90days…call 412 434-6507

job offered is in Mellon III building downtown

Ive been solidly submitting countless resume’s on Monster and Careerbuilder… i had 2 interviews last week… one was a staffing company that i dont consider a real possition. IT work is a pain in this area. Its mostly about how much experence you have and who you know. Keep digging and submitting for stuff your not even qualified for. I have 2 years of help desk stuff under my belt, but even with that its hard to find anything else that isnt phone support AND pays well.

I think monster is a waste I dont think the HR ppl read the resumes that come in?

They take them with a grain of salt due to the absolute HUGE amount of garbage applicants. True story…

Ive resorted to faxing and snailmaling my resume’s in for some positions. Most of them on there only say fax or mail but the apply button works.

I also used Jobsbyfaq.com and usualy dont hear much till a few months later as most places either fill the job the site sends out for and they usually keep them. The last 5 interviews I ahve went too are from Jobs by fax. I think only 1 or 2 were from monster. I get TONS of shitty temp work calls from recruiters who mostly waste my time and days off to go interview with them. Contract work isnt stable enough for me.

careerbuilder is the best… monster and other places are good for putting your resume out there to be searched for and found… i’ve never submitted a resume online… but i’ve always been emailed about it being out there.

i got both of my last jobs through monster and careerbuilder… so they work and aren’t a waste… at least with IT work.

depending on your level of work, there are other sites you can try for IT jobs online.

dom- you need to make contract work work for you… get paid enough and sign a good enough contract and after a month you wont care how stable it is! i thought the same as you, but it works out great for me. consulting > full time any day of the week.

I know someone who places people in IT.
let me know if you are interested

http://www.dice.com/ - supposedly the new hotness…

I got a job through there like 5 years ago. It was always better than monster for IT jobs.

new! ahaha… i was on there in the pre - y2k :slight_smile:

nettemps is good for consulting work, pghtech is ok but scarce… good jobs pop up… dice is ok… i still think careerbuilder is the most used.

Yeah, i got a hit on there from my old account I had problems with… i dont even have a clue what resume was pn there and how uptodate it is. I have a new one… but someone contacted me this week…still waiting for a call for a interview on that one. As for contract work… most of it doesnt pay well enough and really… ive never got a good offer for contract work.

:doh:

i can understand not getting offers… but contract work is what pays the best in the industry! obviously some is junk… but you just gotta keep lookin.

When you look at monster, try to get a direct e-mail address and e-mail them directly. I got more responses that way than I did by submitting through monster.

I work for a Mortgage Title company, I know we are looking for a Help Desk person. The job would require alot of system testing and travel, but it would pay well. If you are interested call 1-800-646-8258, and ask to speak with Laura Woods.

KForce is an awesome job placement company for banking and mortgage fields. That is all they deal with i think.