John Force Wreck

Just heard on TV that John Force wrecked his funny car, and broke both legs, and other injuries, although i cant find anything else about it.

supposed to be telecast on ESPN2 at 7pm.

just reading that now. that is terrible. hopefully he is ok

x2

seems like a cool dude could see in a bar and buy him a :beer:

A friend of mine did a few years ago @ a bar in Maple Grove. They said he was cool to hang out with.

I met him at the races in Columbus one year. Pretty nice guy.

Hope he is OK.

http://www.nhra.com/content/news/24436.htm

Hope he is ok. Some scary shit.

x2

hope everything works out for him,

I have also met him at the Columbus races, and agree that he is a nice guy. His personality and on-track performance make him the “king” of pro NHRA racers. When he leaves the sport, the NHRA will be hard pressed to replace him. As racers stated yesterday, he is the “Earnhart Sr.” of NHRA drag racing. Hope to see him back ASAP.

What I found scary is how the chassis split in half right after the chutes were deployed. I cannot wait to see what the explanation is. I wonder if the shredding tire caused any chassis damage.
What also sucked is seeing how exposed the driver was after the chassis split. No wonder he has so many serious abrasions, it looks like he slid down the asphalt without any roll cage protection in front of him.

they say those capsules they use in Indy are unbreakable, but Zanardi’s broke in half, and now he’s paralyzed. John’s pretty lucky.

the video of crash

holy shit

Another link

LINK

It looks like the timing cone hits Force’s back wheel when it gets kicked across the track.

i got a erie feeling when i saw the video… its was like earnhardt all over.

I maybe wrong, but isnt that what the chassis designed to do upon impact? My understand is they are designed to seperate at the motor plate upon a serious impact. Exactly what his car did.

http://www.nhra.com/content/news/24477.htm

that guy is nuts. he is trying to compete in 4 weeks. looks like he is doing pretty good for what he went through

Yea, I agree, it’s the way they design it, but not sure it’s the best if it leaves the driver exposed like that. Just my .02.

John Force is always a businessman. You listen to the plugs he gets into the interviews & realize what he has just gone through. Pretty amazing how he is doing.

Hope he can make the race to get his 15th championship, but I doubt NHRA will let him run.