Junkyard info sticky proposal

There have been a bunch of people looking for used parts lately. I know that we have a bunch of junkyard localy and that there are some manufacturer(sp?) specific junkyards in the country. I propose that we get a sticky of all the local junkyard address and phone numbers, national manufacturer specific junkyards, and also national junkyards that you have used that are cheap and have a good selection.

What, the local yellow pages doesn’t list local junkyards? Besides, some of you need a reason to log off and interact in the real world.

this is an automotive forum… whats wrong with having an easily accessible list of useful links and stuff that relate to helping each other out?

I second this idea. The phone book is not the only way to find parts at a junk yard.

Funny, I was thinking that exact same thing…

Well if thats the case, then why do we have a member info sticky? We cant go to the phone book and look up each others phone number? This is primarily an automotive forum, and last I checked, junk yards are automotive related. There are tons of people who post in the WTB section looking for cheap fenders and cheap hoods. There arent to many members who can name of the different junkyards in the area. Ive had to look in the phone book for junkyards and I get sick and tired of calling around to useless places. What Im proposing is that we have a stick of all the GOOD local junkyards in the area and also NATIONALY. There are a lot of people who come on this site to get info and I dont understand why you think its being lazy if It where to be posted up on here. :gotme:

:tup::tup:

I am with Mr. Tate…the only reason people post a WTB is because they are trying to save a buck and buy it from someone who has no use for it vs. a scrap yard that is trying to profit from it.

Since it is an auto forum…you should not need to be spoon fed info. as to how to do menial tasks relative to your auto. If you arent smart enough to look in the yellow pages and dial 7 digits and ask for your part…you shouldnt know how to use the internet…and therefore you shouldnt be on here.

Or even better…the sticky for this should be…GO DRIVE DOWN WILLIAM ST. TOWARDS THE CITY & STOP EVERY 50 YRDS & ASK FOR YOUR PART.

EDIT* By the way this is a STATEWIDE forum…so a local junkyard sticky would be needed for every county in the state to be fair :tup:

Valid point, too many to list in that case

I will :tup: that all the way

maybe write up a review of local junkyards you have had success at though

I also believe a member’s father here owns a junkyard