Just a friendly reminder (about Karma)

lol jack where did all urs go?

thats why I want it public. I only had like 3 BS ones… which were very obvious, but I have a lot of Karma/Feedback, and I think if the system is goign to work, it has to be public. Otherwise post counts should be deleted /modified for stupid posts. And Back and forth-ing.

I couldn’t care less actually.

Well actually, most people’s karma went down because I revamped the point system.

I didn’t understand fully how it worked. Now I do, and the new system should be fine.

I didn’t take any karma from you jack, i just upped the post count/time since joined numbers and it kinda took some away from you.

so how much positive karma do u need to get another green dot…that still confuses me

well skunk, once your done being a wittle pookie you will get another green dot.

BTW - Sleepy - Liek I said I didn’t care, and now that the point system is re-vamped - can we get an idea of how it works?

I’d like to be able to take Karma seriously… but without knowing who or why I have bad/good karma, there is nothign I can do to correct it. Also if its not public, how can we take someone else’s Karma seriously? If its the same 4-5 people who bash one member and they have a red box… should I not take that person’s advice in Tech or Gen Auto? If his neg Karma came from OT… I’d like to know I can trust him to tell me the ft lbs to tq down my heads.

And while we’re on the subject, how can you view past Karma?

^^^…i’ll give you wittle pookie…you son of a bitch…

:slight_smile:

Speaking of this, is there a way to see all the karma you have received, or just the most recent?

:word:…i was wondering that same thing…i would think the drop down menu would do it…but not sure

In order for the Karma system to work, in order for ANY system to work, there has to be some kind of rules/policing of these rules.

Giving someone karma at every chance they get to only boost each other’s karma score is not allowed. In this case, pretty much EVERY SINGLE POSITIVE KARMA POINT WAS FROM EACH OTHER.

If the Karma left by other users can bee seen, and modified by someone other than the giver/receiver whats the point in having it? Whats the point in hiding it from everyone else? I’ve Karma’d on posts just because overall they had a very good points through the entire thread… then maybe I karma’d on a :tup: or a :word: . Who is to decide why I karma’d someone?

If it wasn’t abused, I wouldn’t have cared… and I wouldn’t have ever even began to look at any karma at all.

Oh well… make it public to all, or it shouldn’t be monitored. It doesn’t really reflect anything cause there is as much drama here an anywhere else.

It not monitored to the point where we / I look at every single comment.

The hack is there to alarm me when users have suspicious habits.

For the normal user, this would be fine. But for the abuser, this is good for us, because then the karma system will be more fair and thus work better.

i am so god damn confused right now

I am in the process of re-doing that post in announcements…

oh snap, we have an announcements forum? :lol:

Banned :crap:

OH SNAP…i have 2 green dots…I AM SO MOVING UP IN THE WORLD!!!

eputation Add to Reputation: Sleepy [left] What do you think of Sleepy’s post? I approve
I disapprove
Your comments on this post:
[/left]

disapproval imminent

Thanks for the answers Howie. Much luv for ya brotha.

Answer this when you get a chance :wink:

“I’d like to be able to take Karma seriously… but without knowing who or why I have bad/good karma, there is nothing I can do to correct it. Also if its not public, how can we take someone else’s Karma seriously? If its the same 4-5 people who bash one member and they have a red box… should I not take that person’s advice in Tech or Gen Auto? If his neg Karma came from OT… I’d like to know I can trust him to tell me the ft lbs to tq down my heads.”

:word:

:rofl: at Karma abuse.

see…it’s shit like this that is stupid…neg. rep…for what…seriously…LOL

it’s pointless…

Just a friendly reminde…
08-30-2005 09:56 AM
back to one for you! :evil:

honestly i think the only way the karma system can work is if it identifies the “karma giver”. i’ve been on quite a few forums with karma/reputation/etc systems and i have to say, the anonymous systems always fail and end up being revamped and reset time and time again.

if you ask me – just making it so you can tell who it came from, will go a long way towards fixing the abuse of the system IMHO.

i mean how would you like to get an anonymous msg that says some fucked up shit like “i’m going to break into your place at 2am, tie you up and make YOU watch ME fuck your girl. then i’m going my slit both of your throats you piece of shit. that’ll stop you from using that ‘i’m with stupid icon’ won’t it bitch?! DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!”

or something to that effect… sort of an extreme example… :slight_smile: but you get the idea.

anonymous feedback system. :tdown: people abuse it daily, malicious or not.

my $0.02.

Why can’t we all juss git alung?