just a heads up... PS2 emulation finally a reality

new version of PCSX2 seems to be able to run alot of commercial games :tup: figured I’d give the emulation n3rds a heads up. :tup: I pretty much gave up on it after a while and decided to check to see if there were any updates and bam… seems to be producing alot of promising results

http://www.pcsx2.net/

got any isos to share?

But I still can’t play GT4 on my PC with my steering wheel yet.

Next release is supposed to load it properly though. :slight_smile:

J, working on it :smiley: (FFX,XII, RE4)

fuzzy, nice :tup: I figured (well, by the progress thus far anyway) that it was still another year or two off yet. They’re making some good headway

Once that happens, my PS2 will probably be sold.

I’ve tried GT2, but they have a funky dead-zone and it just won’t properly work on most of the emulators I’ve tried. I don’t own a copy of gt3 so I have not had a chance to try that instead.

where can one find ISO files of games… pm me if needed.

Azureus :tup:

tried FFX and XII yesterday… neither work all that great (X works better though)

was getting around 30-40 fps in game, but apparently the PS2 must run at around 60fps as it was all in slo mo. The Cinemas were around 2fps. I’m gonna try messing with some settings and hopefully get it working better

Goto:

Config -> CPU Config -> Frame Skipping

And turn frame-skipping on. That will fix the slo-mo issue.

lol. It took me a week or better to get LunaR working on my ps1 emulator. After that I started playing everything I had in high rez goodness.

:\ I tried that… also tried the other version of the frame skipping and while it helped a little (maybe 3-5 fps) it still ran in slow mo most of the time. I hear that the previous version of pcsx2 ran a little quicker… maybe I’ll give that a try