Just a Saab story...

Some of you may know, but I got out of the car scene for a bit here. I got rid of all of my cars in the wake of my divorce (still pending) and somewhere along the lines, I picked up this relic.

2004 Saab 9-5 ARC 2.3T

Bone stock, piece of whale shit. Fixed the broken axle and some random leaks, then it was time to turn the shit up.

Mods:
Forge clone diverter
plastidipped the fuck out of the stock wheels
875cc DEKA injectors
Aero 340lph pump
3" turbo back with muffler that belongs on a Honda

And the most important part: Tuned by yours truly on T7 Suite with a biopower bin.

Fully adaptive to any mixture of ethanol using the lambda sensors, currently running 82% ethanol and I have it tuned for 320hp/340lb-ft right now. Get on my fuckin’ level.

Mods being completed in the next few months:
Equal length turbo manifold manufactured by Brooks
GT2871R turbo
3" core bar/plate intercooler
18" Saturn Sky wheels

this is a sweet ride. i like the t7 when tuned that way.

i like the tdo4hl-19t 7cm thats available too. i drove both b234r with gt28 and td04 19t 7cm and i like the mhi turbo alot better. you might want to consider that with your build.

also whats your mpg with pump gas compared to e85? and whats the mixed pump mpg?

I have a GT2871R sitting in my living room that I got for cheaper than you can build a 19T for, that kind of makes me wanna go that way.

On 80% ethanol, I get about 25mpg highway. I get about 28mpg on gasoline. The timing modifications on the e85 side make it very efficient and it pulls great.

if i had the 2871 i would opt for that too.

thats good mpg. with my old b234r stage 3+ i was about 25mpg. but the tune was not perfect on 93. and i had the older shorter geared trans from the ng900 v6 too and 235s

one day ill be back in a saab just for the biotune t7.

I Like

That’s some good power out of this thing

yes saabs are good under the curve too. thats the strong point. not too high peak numbers but a nice power range.

i would think the op is showing the bhp numbers. but every dyno is different. and e85 is amazing.

i had a stage 3 b234r td04 and i pulled my friends 330whp honda accord. it showed me peak power was not as good as i thought.

i think the saab on stage 3 is faster than a 90s early 2000s porsche 911 from 30-100mph.

Ape tits.

Just bought a handful of random shit for this car as seen here http://shift518.com/showpost.php?p=1031680&postcount=18027

Broke a third exhaust manifold stud off today. Time for the stainless steel manifold stud kit I guess :confused:

Did a tiny bit of weight reduction this weekend as well, pulled a 6.0 GTO from a 50 roll. Driver was beyond confused.

i hate when my third exhaust manifold stud breaks.

fuck it im gonna buy a stainless manifolsld stud kit i guess.

So gay.

Squirrel hand jobs.

asian bum

threads stripped out in head----> time to buy stainless head.

was thinking… just have boxersix make a carbon fiber manifold stud kit.

pitman will def blow you if you do.

These fuckin studs rot off like Jesus Christ’s cockles in an acid bath. Fuck yourselves.

Looks fun hommie. We’ll have to catch up. Ive still gotta stop being a lazy piece of shit (minus all the health shit) and put on my pulley, throttle body, injectors and tune my boat.

Sorry to hear about the divorce. shit man you guys were together when i first met ya like 12 years ago

He’ll have to get in line… preferably, right behind you.

True story, we def need to catch up! Yea man, I hear you… we were together for 12 years. It was a long time coming and it had to happen sometime. Not sad about it anymore, though.