Just another lil peek at some of my work

One of four DTM GTi’s I made a ton of carbon parts for. These cars are being assembled by fellow One Lapper Josh @ nothing leaves stock, for another pair of one lappers. I won’t discuss the underhood specs right now but I will say lots of billet, lots of horsepower, and sequential gearing.

I was contacted by them back in Feb to produce carbon DTM flare sets(front and rear), carbon front brake ducts, and carbon sunroof delete panels after all the other companies that they had been working with since the middle of last year completely botched the jobs and didn’t produce any parts they needed. I took on the job with a little less than a month to go from an idea on paper, to mold production, to final parts ready to bolt onto the cars. This is the test car that Josh rolled out for last friday and now it’s cram time to finish the other three before the one lap starts and let me tell you it checks the fuck out :slight_smile:

I’ll post more pics of them at a later date. I have to make some final adjustments to the part design, then produce the final billet tooling molds before I start releasing them to the public for Josh.

Baller

dayum.

clearly is junk

Nice!

Grand thing is, there actual, useful, tire filling those up. Test day was Friday and I have a short vid clip of it running I’ll link in a minute

Edit, Bill actually posted three very short clips from NJMP

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIR7HI6x5DE”]One Lap GTI. First test - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOGqrqeJ5u4”]One Lap GTI at NJMP - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV-ShAz1F8k”]testing One Lap GTI - YouTube[/ame]

Nothing big yet but just a test day in the rain none the less.

I have been seeing pictures of this car for the last three weeks, and have been wondering if these were the carbon fiber parts you were making. Awesome work man.

They look great on the car Adam!

sick dude!!!

MOAR PICS!!! Awesome work Adam!

Ok :slight_smile:

Here is the last set of front flares only a day out of the mold, prior to trimming. And of course a close up cause who doesn’t like close ups :lol

3K4hs weave with kevlar reinforcements and carbon tow in select locations. Its all about fiber placement :slight_smile: Oh and FWIW, this is technically ‘dry carbon’ there is no gelcoat on these parts. I use a specialy formulated epoxy resin with built in UV inhibitors and it’s nearly impervious to weather. Expensive shit(~$250 gallon) but the results are worth every penny when the molds are made and prepped properly.

Pure sex. That is great work Adam!

Thanks. Now I have to go put the finishing touches on a carbon camera boom extension I made for KBB here for his photo gigs.

+A effort. :slight_smile:

I was watching something on the Pagani cars, and they used a titanium strand to weave the composites for the chassis and parts. entire body/chassi/tub weights like 400lbs! mind blowing and everything is hand laid, cnc cut fabrics, etc. I am sure you have seen what I am taking about… I was watching it and instantly thought of you last night! Now this thread… I gotta be a mind reader or some shit.

if i had a gti, id want u to make me some flares.

I like this post. Feel free to make a thread on what you made for me if you want. It’s not racecar parts but pretty bad ass

Awesome!!!

Is this one even better than the last?! Ballin’

5-feet longer. Just an extension. lol

yeah this extension is a lil on the beefed up side.