Just bought a Mossberg 500A for HD

Just picked this up used from a friend for HD and some slug shooting at my cabin. i paid $200 and comes with 2 barrels and a gun case… did i get a decent deal? he only shot the gun through a 25 shells of ammo. i alrdy took the dowel out of the magazine tube, anything else i should look into? Iv mostly shot .22 rifles and a few .223’s this is my first shotgun

Yes you got a good deal.

You can look into anything you want. Guns can be a lot like cars. Customize them to however YOU want. Clean and oil it every so often and shoot when you get a chance. Be warned… it gets addicting.

good to hear, whats a decent shell to just fire off at my cabin for fun? prob gunna set up some steel to shoot at.

This should get you started with some ideas for fun.

https://youtu.be/RP4FjODPDFA

ummm yes please… love the last one big time!!!

Clean it and go shoot it. Don’t add a bunch of crap to it until you know the gun well and feel that a particular addition will improve both the function and reliability.

Bro’s don’t let bro’s be gun ricers… :slight_smile:

Congrats you got a good deal, have fun, be safe and enjoy.

love how the hay bale is on fire and he doesn’t notice/care

Good deal for sure.

I thought we couldn’t get dragon breath in NYS?

yea i dont think im going to be doing to much to it. maybe just a 18 1/2 barrel for at home and maybe a srock with grip. thats prob the extent

I have no idea, I’ve never really cared for the novelty rounds. It’s fun to watch coming out of other peoples guns but I’ll be happy and stick to regular rounds for myself lol.

I wouldn’t mind a few for the 4th of july.

If its clean and corrosion free its a good deal.

I have a 930spx thats stock for HD. Simple is good. Learn how to shoot it well, ya might need it in the dark and when your half asleep.

Who is that Russian kid? I have seen many of his vids. Is he in Alabama or something like that? Some of the stuff he uses seems to be less than legal. lol

I think he’s on the west coast. Its FPSRussia on Youtube/Twitter. He’s funny as hell and the guns are pretty sweet. I would think he has some type of training or something because he is one hell of a shot. There is a video of him shooting a pumpkin at 1/4 mile with iron sights.

M500 is a great gun and thats a good deal :tup:

The professional Russian is killer! I love his vids!

M500 is a great gun with tons of options if you desired to rice it out.
930SPX is also a sweet semi auto 12 gauge. I believe I just may own both. Hrmmm. LOL.

What’s a decent target round to shoot with this thing? Or even some slugs. Where does everyone buy there ammo from?

trap loads I’ll stop at welfare mart and get like 100 rounds for $21 works just fine with me shooting random crap or even clays.

Same with slugs if your just going to shoot shit, grab some cheap crap and have fun.

Just don’t neglect cleaning. I clean and wipe down with oil after shooting.

Good deal, The m500 is a great weapon. It will more than likley fail on you, these are one of my all time favorites. Keep it cleaned and a very little amount of oil.

Explain?