i want a gun

i have never owned a gun before, and i have only shot once, a double barrel 20g. i want something cheap, reliable, low maintenance and decent performing.

i would really enjoy an old gun, like a ww2 era bolt action joint. i want a rifle, not a shotgun. just something to start out with. help a brother out, thx

Jam, this may be a better investment than your civic!

Go to the Swat Store and pick up a Mosin Nagant. He get’s them in from time to time…and it will be pretty damn cheap.

http://nyshooters.net/forum/index.php … talk to gun people about guns.

M1 Garand…enjoy. My fiancee’s dad has 2, and a springfield

I have a 1854 Lorenz

The Mosin Nagant would be cheap to buy and cheap to shoot. The question is are you manly enough to enjoy it. :slight_smile:

buy an old, beat up , bangedup mossberg 500 or rem 870…it will fire like new and stay that way.
and they can look badass for super cheap.

Buy a Rugar 10/22.

I totally second the 10/22.

I know so many people that run out and get a mosin or other thumper of a gun and only learn to flinch, and never learn to shoot.

I spent $1200 on a .22lr AR just for training because it cheap and ha zero kick, the Army even has .22lr conversions for the same reason.

Learn to shoot with small gun, then the big stuff is easy.

Here is a badass looking pea shooter…

http://www.swatstore.com/product/GERG2222MP5

I have that, just buy a semi auto .22 with a scope and learn the gun. Then step it up from there. .22 ammo is cheap hell you can order it for .03 a round.
i just sold my .243 but that might have been excessive lol.
nyfirearm.com
armlist.com

ruger 10/22 will rock and be cheap. Buy it and love it

I learned on a 10/22 with a 35 round banana clip, def a fun way to start

you over paid…

.22 is great for plinking but not really great for learning how to really shoot. It’s an awesome starter but I can move almost anyone off a ,22 trainer in a day.

On the same note, I talked to Jam last night and a 10/22 is the route he plans on going. He’ll I’ve even shopping for the perfect one to start my son on … or a marlin. whatever I find a good deal on; I’ve got a few years to get it for him.

who overpaid?

So much truth to this. I had been away from handguns for quite a while and was having trouble getting my groupings tight. Put down my 9mm and started firing my buddies .22 pistol and realized I had developed a pre-fire flinch. After a hundred rounds on the .22 went back to the 9mm and was back to nice tight groupings.

you shoulda let me rip some rounds that night on the porch at the Ritz. we totally coulda hit that phone pole and nobody would have even known.

Dick’s has got a deal on a Marlin 795 .22LR right now… $125 - $25 rebate. It’s a decent gun for the money. The Ruger 10/22 is more upgradeable though, and they have that on sale for 199

n20junkie … 1200 on an AR .22 is a bit much … for some reason it didn’t put the quote in.

WOW that is a bit on the pricey side I didn’t notice it.