Just bought a...

brand new 2006 kx250f from Bob Thomas. No one had em, had to get it in from out of town… and well, of course had to pay retail. It will be worth it though, it owns.

Ill get some pics up soon. See you guys at district 5 events.

im slow so woulnt see me except the back of the pack in D class lol nah im going to B

sounds cool…post up some pics!!!

Well someone has officiall stole my digital camera so maybe i’ll snap some phone pics or wait till i get it out this week to ride for some photos.

thats awesome…!!! :wackit:

Yeah im so pumped, tomm (monday) morning it will be ready to be picked up! i was lookin at '05’s till i found out the 06’s had 5.3 more hp, all aluminum frame, showa suspension now with AOS.

Thing weighs 204 lbs. (all the new ones do, i just cant believe how light they get these things now)

those things r so nice…congrats. have fun

You sure about the HP? That is a ton for a dirtbike. The weight thing I noticed too about all the new bikes. I don’t understand how a 250 2 stroke can weigh 5-6 more lbs than a thumper? Dont think I am talking trash in anyway, sometimes I dont believe what dealers/manufacturers tell me. Still a badass machine!!!

ya i missed that…its not a 5 hp gain by any means, but it is an overall better bike thatn the 05- kawi/suz joint effort bike thats been around for the last few years

Yeah the 5.3 hp I dont know if they mean wheel or maybe its only 2whp. It also could be BS that i read on a message board . I know 5 hp seems like a ton to me I dont even know if they could squeeze anotehr 5 hp from the factry with increasing the displacement. (true 5whp).

Here is a link to a site that claims some of the factory improvements made to the '06 model. http://www.indycycle.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=21822&

Side note: Just broke the bike in a lil and then started hitting the speed track we have carved out and I totally love this bike. THE HANDLING is UREAL. It is tossable and maks a shitload of power. (now i know why 125’s dont give alot of competition these days esp in the higher ranks.) Its just so easy to whip around the track and it revs damn near likea 2 stroke. Exiting turns is 500 times easier on these 4-strokes.

don’t you live in derry? where are you riding at?

ya its def not 5 rwhp more than the '05…grant langstons full factory '06 PC kxf250 is at 44hp. i would imagine yours is mid 30’s. regardless, they r awesome bikes… and ya, there is no question that the modern 4strokes let u carry more speed into the corners, shut off later and be smooth and power out alot easier than on a 2stroke (especially a 125). w/o a doubt the new 250Fs are really light /flickable (especially the new alum frame ones), but if u want flickable / light weight / amazing handling…u gotta ride a 05-06 YZ125…it’ll amaze you.