Just dyno'd 440WHP - 2003 Evo

My tune was VERY conservative. I could be running alot more power but we decided to just run at 28psi. Lots of guys running 30 - 35psi on stock block. Its my only car…

conservative is a relative term. just because a lot of guys are running 30+ psi doesn’t mean your tune is conservative at 28psi. ask granmassax about the tune he got at another shop that was supposively making good power safely. the general rule of thumb is find the motors knock threshhold, back it down enough so that if you get a bad tank of gas, overboost condition, ect, it won’t go boom, log under a lot of diff loads, call it a day. you wouldn’t want an overly conservative tune with no timing and such because it’d create such high egt’s from the burn cycle takign so long it’d cause way more wear on the motor. again, conservative is relative to the car. .02 from me

Pictures of said car, taken by me and my gf;s camra.

:hijacked:—> sorry.

Nice car tho!!

I agree +1

F turbotrix, F them in the ass!

haha i hear this a lot.

also my car made 504whp on a dynojet 424 on pump, meth and 28psi.

Wow thats a tight engine bay… Coil on plugs, sheetmetal intake, small battery, small radiator to fit the turbo setup… lots of money into that one.

I’ll post a pic of mine this weekend. Doesnt look nearly as nice as that - in fact mine looks near stock. Stock looking exhaust manifold, stock looking turbo, stock battery, stock intake manifold…etc.

What made you get rid of the Evo and what are you driving now?

Whoa. Calm down princess.

First of all, I gave the car props so I am not sure why you got your panties in a bunch. Friggin prissy Evo owners.

Second of all, Mustang dynos are NOTORIOUSLY unaccurate as they are low. They do not reflect the actual traps. That’s not a dig at your car but just the dyno in general. My point was that you go to a dyno for 2 reasons: Get #s, tune your car. I recommended going to a dyno that is REPEATABLE and ACCURATE in regards that the #s you get represents what traps you would get (Again, typically that isn’t a Mustang dyno). If it’s not accurate (ie reads high/low), it doesn’t matter if it’s repeated so you can make changes to hardware/tune and see the difference.

P.S. I can’t dyno 440WHP unless I change WG springs. :slight_smile:
P.S.S The DJ I went on was dead on was not the over inflated DJ #s that the masses seem to expect. But, who cares?

Ugh. I heard the story on that. But, this is typically exactly what I do when I tune my car and most of the advice I got from tuners on my platform.

The AFR is typically in the LOW 11s but I have the timing/boost backed off from what was on the dyno as a running car > previously powerful running car.

Sorry for the hate last post, had some buddies over and we had a few… Maybe I took it wrong, went overboard and played a little rough.

Its just that I’ve always heard the opposite of what you are telling me - I’ve heard Mustangs are more consistant/accurate among themselves and Dynojets almost always produce over-inflated numbers.

I guess since you know nothing about the CBRD Mustang dyno and I know nothing of your dynojet… we cant critisize each other on who has a more accurate dyno? Evo’s with my WHP on this dyno typically do 125 - 130MPH 1/4.

I think I met you about 6 or 7 years ago at the lot… I had a black 1.8T Jetta and you had a Green VR-4 that had just run 11’s?

• Princess

Your buddies are fags. :slight_smile:

The industry standard IS DJ. But, that doesn’t mean it is accurate. Mustang dynos are notoriously low so how is that accurate? The fact that they are LOW mean they are inaccurate. It’s really hard to correlate trap speed with HP due to all the variables (not to mention peak HP is not the same as power curve). But, like I said, that’s not a bad thing. It’s hard to get a repeatable, accurate dyno. At the very least, you want repeatable because you want to see how the #s diff based on changes. I got lucky and got both accuracy/repeatable which, coincidentally, was a DJ. But, people DO assume HIGH with DJ. But, DJ is just the dyno but not the SOFTWARE/SETUP within the DJ. It really does diff from dyno to dyno but stereotypes exist for a reason. I just pointed out that not all DJs read high.

I don’t know anything about that dyno but 440AWHP in an EVO and 125-130MPH do not match, at all. Unless you took off the frame? :slight_smile:

It could be. I didn’t go to the lot much.

LOL. Nicely played.

That’s an “unaccurate” portrait of us Evo owners. :smiley:

Art - very impressive numbers. Sounds like a handful.

Moderators are fags :slight_smile:

Just because a mustang dyno reads low does not mean it is innacurate. They measure on a different scale than a dynojet just like Celcius vs Fahrenhieght and MPH vs KPH. The CBRD dyno reads low and is consistant/accurate/repeatable/whatever you want to call it. A brand new M5 (rated 500HP from factory) dyno’d at 367WHP on this dyno.

I wont argue with you further since you have already won the internet many times over. But plenty of Evo’s with same or less mods, same or less boost, same or lower octane gas are in the mid 120’s. Evo’s dont weigh 4000lbs.

Here’s what some guys with similiar mods/FP Red run. Note the first few guys in the 9’s@140MPH have built motors and I’m quite obviously nowhere close to them.

I think that was the last time I was there… 6 or 7 years ago. Maybe you left a bad taste in my mouth? :blbl:

No matter your response, you win the internet. Again.

-Princess

Friggin Beanie!

Spin it anyway you want. The fact that it reads low (which you admitted above) is the very definition of “inaccurate”.

I am not arguing nor trying to win anything. I don’t think you have a clue what I am talking about. Again, 125-130 and 440AWHP seems very off. It’s probably your low read dyno (ie you are really making more power). Just more proof that the #s are inaccurate.

I am not sure how much simplier I can make this point. Also, you are taking it personal, again, when it’s not meant to be insulting.

That’s fantastic.

cute conversations in here :mamoru: :smiley:

Us Mitsubishi guys are very emotional and prissy. Dont mess with us :ohnoes:gay:mamoru:

So here are some pics of the engine bay after todays snowstorm. Lots of salt on the engine. Pretty stock looking. Mind you, I dont mod the car for looks… :retardclap

Absolutely nothing special. Actualy quite depressing.

http://shift518.gom-host.com//attachment.php?attachmentid=67&d=1231706597
http://shift518.gom-host.com//attachment.php?attachmentid=68&d=1231706609
http://shift518.gom-host.com//attachment.php?attachmentid=69&d=1231706620

Buschur racing has a mustang dyno and their daily driven evo 8 with 618awhp went 9.60’s on pump gas. Im pretty sure a 440awhp should crack mid 120’s

If you’re going to attach a picture, you can’t take that link and then put it in the " [img] [ /img] " brackets, it’s one or the other :smiley: just take the original URL link from the pics and put it in the IMG brackets, or if they’re off your desktop, upload them to photobucket and copy & paste the IMG brackets into here.