Just dyno'd 440WHP - 2003 Evo

Didnt you have an FP Green back in the day? What turbo and dyno did you hit 500WHP with?

-i had stocker that made 271whp low boost, then 300 on 21psi.

-then the first to have the FP/Buschur 5 blade 20g that made 350whp 21psi and surged

-then got the ATP 3076r, ported it and made 396whp on 21psi. got meth and made 472 with 26psi, then built the motor for safety and made 504whp with 28-29psi. added coils and made more hp but never recorded it other than with my butt. the turbo had a lil more in it too.

i loved that car but the fucking p0171 and p0300 codes drove me to drink so that and a need for some muscle car power, i got a c5 ZO6 that now makes 590whp with only 1 mod.

I’ve had quite a few turbos on my evo…currently have a red for some manifold testing. A divided 3076r will outspool a red any day of the week…500-600rpm difference. No point in comparing it to an open housing 30r as that is apples to oranges and an open housing doesn’t exist for the red. Will it make more power than a 30r? Yes, its a bigger turbo, well turbine wise physically it is, compressor is technically smaller but more surface area on the blades so…

I’m not hating on the red by anymeans…like i said i have one on my car now and it will be on there for a while :slight_smile: Toooo many people on evom believe that all of sudden engineer’s finally figured out what they were doing and now we have turbos that spool like stock and can make 600whp, blah blah. I blame it on vendors who do nothing but hype, alot of the same ones dismiss twin scroll kits as options yet hype the Red? lol. Turbo’s, atleast at most budget levels are give and take…

Anyways sorry for my rant, Baddass car, i have a VERY similar setup for the moment. I remember when you first got this car, i was over at Nick Piazza’s house :slight_smile:

Jesse

Nice clear car. Cool to see more of Chad’s work. Good ppl down there at CBRD. I worked with a lot on Evo stuff in my time. Did Chad give you an uncorrected/unsmoothed plot or just the corrected/smoothed one? E85 plots can be a trip to look at in raw data, especially on the 4g63’s. How do you like the Buschur twin pump set-up? Did Chad want to strangle you while tuning it with that + the 1200cc injectors? :slight_smile:

Come to think… Your plate doesn’t say ‘Cornfed’ by chance, does it? If so, I talked to you at LVD when I had both of my Evo’s.

n/m…pics just loaded…stupid work computer. Unless you changed ur plate since the pics or got rid of it…

Very nice car. But, don’t think all DJs produce over inflated #s. Find a DJ or whatever dyno that produces real #s.

Well I dyno’d on a notoriously low Mustang dyno… I think even an average dynojet would let me hit 500WHP easily. Guys with same mods as me are hitting low 11’s and 10’s @ 125 - 130MPH. A few guys with built motors in the 9’s@140MPH

Nope, wasn’t me. Just turned cornfed a week ago.

The Buschur Twin-pump setup is pretty sweet. I can hear its high-pitch noise coming from under my rear seats on a cold morning. Chad gave me a great tune. Since I have some high lift Kelford cams and the 1200CC injectors, he gave me a 1050rpm idle. Takes a turn or two with some gas to get her running in the cold morning but she’s perfect after that.

Thats pretty interesting. I have yet to hear or see an Evo with any 30R that spools earlier or makes more power higher than an FP Red. I’d be interested to see one. I would expect them to make more considering mine is still a stock turbo with some upgraded wheels…

Nice Evo numbers, but what dyno? I cant imagine its a Mustang… regardless, pretty good!

Why did you go to a dyno that doesn’t reflect accurate #s? I guess it doesnt matter if you use it as a tool with repeated sessions.

A 30r is SMALLER turbo. In twin scroll form it made ~26psi @ 3600rpm’s on my evo. My red (which is also twin scroll) makes 30psi @ 4100ish RPM’s. The red will make more power but spool slower.

I wouldn’t exactly call a red a stock turbo, compressor wheel that flows roughly 60lbs min. and basically a gt35r turbine wheel…

What do you mean by accurate numbers??? Mustangs are quite accurate between themselves. Although they vary in their low numbers as much as dynojets vary in high numbers… Its quite common for people to not understand the difference between Mustangs and Dynojets. Its like Celcius vs fahrenheit. Yeah 100 degrees fahrenheit sounds way hotter than 60 degrees celcuis… they are different scales like pounds vs kiligrams. But 60 degrees celcius is like 150 degrees fahrenheit.

I’m just not sure what you mean about me not using a dyno that reflect accurate #'s??? What is your personal definition of “accurate numbers”?? A dynojet?

You cant disagree that it is a stock turbine housing with upgraded wheels… But I agree its similar to an HTA 35R with earlier spool but a bit less up top.

Evo guys love low numbers and then being able to give an inflated dynojet number :wink: JK

I know out here the last time my evo was on a dyno with a 50 trim, it put down 365 on a mustang, 398 on a dynojet (pump gas 21psi) Trapped 121 FWIW

We’ve machined out gt35r compressor covers to fit gt4294r compressor wheels…would you still call that turbo a gt35r? lol

Hta35r with Hta3076r compressor wheel :wink:

LIke i said i have one and have been testing exhaust manifolds on it for the past 2 weeks…I will prolly leave it on my Evo for awhile to come untill i put a 40r on it.

Well I hate to admit it, but I got way way more mods than meets the eye…

Nice Art! I am glad you finally got it done. Kinda makes me wish I had kept my evo long enough to put the red on and see what it’d do. Now I get to sit back and wait for Matt to put it in his and drool.

Just to give you guys an idea of how low CBRD’s dyno reads compared to Moon’s, my evo did 320hp / 334tq on Seth’s dyno pre-meth with correction, and put down 322hp / 335tq on Chad’s dyno post meth tune (50/50 mix) no correction. Granted that was with a little boost leak and year+ old meth (if that matters).

Like Art said, an M5 factory rated at 500hp only put down 350 on this dyno, so 400+ is awesome. Especially considering the Red costs less than $2k.

Mike

Accurate numbers means dyno #s that represent realistic power goals. Obviously, your #s aren’t accurate. So why go unless you plan to return and compare the new data to the old.

Accurate numbers can be ANY dyno that is reproduceable and the #s represent the traps. The DJ I went on was VERY accurate. Some aren’t.

My tune vs Chad’s tune :wink: Hehehe. We had a WRX that was built/tuned at CBRD and dyno’d at Moon…Moon read about the same but the afr’s ran about 1/2 point lean (elevation).

Ya, your tune was very good. Chad commented on it. I would have loved to have gotten it back up to Moon to compare pre and post meth #'s, then post red.

You still got me a bit confused…

My numbers met my realistic power goals for the CBRD dyno…!..? I didnt have a baseline but a typical Evo 8 does 190WHP on this dyno while I did 440WHP…

The CBRD Mustang reads same or lower than the Buschur Mustang. 400WHP on the Buschur dyno for an Evo is low 11’s & 10’s.