just over 200km on a full tank of gas.

my car is running very rich…it’s a stock s13, what can i do to save some money?

Don’t drive it!

You probably need a new O2 sensor.

o2 sensor only is in use in closed loop mode, which doens’t happen until the car comes up to temp. If the car doesnt come up to temp you’ll be in open loop using crap loads of fuel.

Since the weather is much cooler out right now, and because of the ratio that cold start enrichement has, i’m leaning towards coolant temp sensor not the o2 sensor as the faulty componate.

Check your Coolant Temp Sensor, spark plugs etc.

…and depending on what motor you have, you probably have two temp sensors…one for the guage cluster and one for the ECU.

So don’t think just because the guage in your car reads good that all is okay.

check for fuel leaks… rotten lines anyone?

Id say O2 sensor as well, hell if nothing else change out the plugs, wires, rotor and dis. cap. All helps in the long run… Of course theres the air filter as well which can help in many ways.

this is my boys ride , he’s gonna do a full tune up his next pay check,
he’s got a huge exhaust leak and no cat right now as well ( would that effect gas milage?)
i know the spark plug wires has not been changed in several years , also sometimes when he starts his car up it idles really low and dies and its a bitch to start back

i am getting just over 200kms per tank…damn

buy a new car hahahahah

Stock fuel pump? Excessive black smoke? Any more info?

my car kinda burns a lot too, can anyone provide info on where the o2 sensor is? and where it can be purchased? i think its that little thingy on the valve cover?

No the 02 sensor is on the exhaust manifold sticking out of it. Go to Nissan to replace it… it’s not cheap however…

is it hard to replace yourself or is there a special tool required or something?

its real easy try right after warming up the car though its just one plug and a wrench but u got 2 o2 sensor for s14 though one is in the engine bay easy and other is at the catalytic convertor inder the car. may be a pain. if u need some sort of help im in north york area let me know.

do you by any chance have a royal blue or dark blue s13?

and yea depending on the cost of the sensor i may get it

o2 sensors are around 30 bucks. I plan on doing that one, temp sensor, new plugs AND i found out i have a vacuum leak which i think is the primary culprit for my car running rich.

Mine is weird, i can get 400km out of a tank, but it does run rich and i get black crud on my bumper. Also, it runs rich under acceleration, but not while cruising at a constant speed.

when you guys say your car is running rich, does that mean bad or good cuz i read all the posts and its confusing…lol

running rich is bad for n/a cars…for an n/a car u want it to run perfect…on the scales of running rich or lean the magic number is 14 i dont know what it means…but when u have turbo car u run it at like 11 onheavy acceleration which would be rich, so turbo cars run rich na cars run normal

You are talking about your Air/fuel ratio (some people refer to it as AFR). 11 is somewhat rich. A good tune would have you around 12 at WOT and leaner during partial throttle (cruising) close to 14ish. These numbers are (IIRC) pretty much the same weather you run NA or turbo. The only difference being that if you are turbocharged, sometimes you want to make the tune a bit richer to prevent you from going lean and frying pistons.