Just rode a 2009 R1

And to sum it up:

Either the owners of these bikes are insane, or the bike itself is just absolutely insane.

Or both.

Discuss.

its got more balls than the moped you got huh? :slight_smile:

Definitely want to ride one of these.

How you like the cross plane engine?? They need to do that to the 6.

my buddy has an 09 R1. Its NASTY. He WAS seling it, but idk if he is n e more

It’s something else. Compared with other bikes ive ridden the power (especially down low) is just ridiculous, even when in standard performance mode.

And don’t get me started on the sound…:excited

I would love to buy it.

Seriously.

Rivette’s?

yep

Ive only driven a 07 r1…how do they compare?

I have no idea. I’ve never ridden a 2007MY R1.

Post pic of back tire to gauge said riding expierence.

I didn’t ride it very hard at all, it was in the 40’s outside and the tires were cold.

it isnt your bike, throw the leathers on and slide across the infield! lol I was bustin your balls really. Isnt that inline sound fucking intoxicating! everytime I hear it I want to sell my sumo.

the slipper clutch is pretty cool i must admit. i wish my bike had one of those

yeah mine too… makes it way easier to back it in. lol

:ninja

+++++++++++++ 1 real bad

they said that with the 6 it wasnt going to be worth it on the smaller engine

09 as the first year with this enine, they used it for a while in racing, and brought it to production in 09 i believe for the first tim, no one else has used this corss plane type shit going on, the sound is super unique,and the torque and power curve is makes is quite interesting IMO

reallly badass bike, i want one maybe

I loved how well rounded the bike actually was. I was totally not expecting that, especially compared to older sportbikes I have ridden in the past.

Not only was it quick in a straight line, but I felt comfortable (despite not having very much seat time with it) going around corners at a moderate speed as well as riding it in stop and go traffic.

The clutch, depsite being a cable unit, was really easy to modulate and had great feel. It was just as easy to operate as the hydraulic unit on my SM.

It’s all about the throttle control http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-rolleyes007.gif