which is better? streetbike.

alright well i’m in the market for a streetbike, strictly a 600. Now i’m torn between 2 bikes. They’re about the same price, same mileage and same mods.

first bike is a 06 gsxr 600
and
a 2006 r6 “raven”

has anybody had either bike? what did you like/dislike?
Really need some input and help on which one to get.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/618/Motorcycle-Article/2006-Supersport-Shootout-IV-Street.aspx

Fifth Place
Yamaha YZF-R6 (80.2%)
Okay, this was a tough one for us. We’re deeply in lust with the R6’s gorgeous and daring appearance, and it pushes the envelope in terms of middleweight handling. But its top-end-only powerband cripples it in terms of street performance. Is this like kicking a supermodel out of bed for eating crackers?

Perhaps, but we stand by our score sheets. In the categories we’ve delineated for rating street performance, the racy R6 simply comes up short. It proves to be the least practical for use on public roads, especially in the company of competitors that are much more versatile. For those who don’t mind crumbs in their beds, you can expect the Yammie to climb up the rankings in the track edition of our Supersport Shootout.

Second Place
Suzuki GSX-R600 (84.6%)
The new Gixxer lands solidly in second place thanks to consistently strong scores. We are impressed by the sheer number of features it offers, and to do it for less money than four of its competitors is amazing. Its adjustable pegs are elsewhere found only on a bike (the Ducati) that costs 70% extra, and it stands apart by including a removable seat cowl as standard instead of charging extra. And who would’ve thought Suzuki would be the first in the class to cleanly integrate its front and rear turnsignals?

We believe the Gixxer has the best motor of the true 600s, and its handling abilities – while not top-ranked – are still admirable. It also has a riding position judged to be the most accommodating, exacting a less punishment when not chasing down buddies in the canyons – you know, the vast majority of your riding. It’s also worth noting the GSX-R no longer looks like a raw racetrack refugee. The quality of its aluminum castings and its more complex bodywork shapes are a big step up for Suzuki, significantly increasing its pride of ownership factor. But more than that, the genial lil’ Gixxer encourages its rider to hop on and wring its neck.

Wear gear, have fun.

I love my R6 and I’d choose it over a GSXR any day of the week. Maybe its just the look, I don’t know. But its a decision I would never have trouble making.
Just my .02

Edit: And I must add, I daily drive my R6. Its not just a summer toy for me, its my main form of transportation from when temps get up past freezing until they dip back down below freezing (as long as its not a massive down pour… although I did take it to work last fall during that really really bad rainstorm). Its not the most comfortable on long trips, but I love the ride for the shorter trips. And it has some nasty power for a 600.

Is the 06 an R6 or R6s?

offroad- its just the r6, not a big fan of the r6s. thanks for the input

rocket- you gotta have a street bike rather than just your track one, what do you like/dislike bout it

I did the same thing with my gsxr 600 last year i rode it right up till it was about 32 degree mornings and i also rode it to atlantic city nj and back in 1 day…

Id say get the R6 being there is so many dam GSXR’s out there

I’d say go with the gsxr 600

The R6 is really uncomfortable and lacks midrange power

how big are ya ? i found the suzki be a better fit for a bit bigger guy when the r6 is a small chassis /rider platform

07 CBR600RR!!!

I have a 03, which is an older generation than the 06; essentially is the same as Kenny’s 05 minus the inverted fork, and with a 60 front. 06 iirc is the first model year of that generation.

Common consent about the R6 series is it always have a very aggressive riding position, which may feel to aggressive for street riding for some riders. I’ve never ridden other R6 other than my generation and I’ve never ridden a GSX-R 600, so I can’t really comment on them.

I know both bikes have a slipper clutch. I guess depend on price of the two bikes and the amount of mods they have. Try to ascertain what suspension mods thay have (if any) or is the spring rate on the bike is good for your weight (if they are not OEM); Engine mod-wise I would pick the bike with a PC already installed.

oh yeah!!! :number1

i’m 5’11 and 155lbs, as it looks like right now i’m kind of leaning more towards the r6 (its got a little bit more done to it but also a little bit more in price)

no honda’s, unless the deal is something i can’t pass on
had a trx450 and gave me more problems than anything…

the cbr,s are a damn reliable bike

What kind of mods for both bikes? Just wondering.

Fuck yeh lol

both bikes have flush mounts, frame sliders, fender eliminator, filter

r6 has pc3 and yoshi pipe (new tires) 10k mi
gsxr has just pipe, 6300mi

idk man, i had a friend who bought one brand new and blew it up 4 times:Idiots

thats odd , most cbr,s are great in relative stock form

maybe its your friend then lol

If they are equal in condition; Personally I will get the R6.

Get a BMC race filter, a custom tune and your suspension set-up. You will have great bike for both track and street.

I’ve ridden both and I’d go with the gsxr. It’s much more comfortable, and has a smoother powerband. The r6’s power comes on quickly, but really only in the higher rpm’s.