The debate 06 R6 VS 06 636

R6 is a great bike, but it’s just not faster in a straight line.

:headbang

I am posting from experience, not paper. Like I told you, I have not been beat by any 600 in a straght line and those people on those bikes did know how to ride, and there was not a crazy unfair weight difference on any of them. Granted, I have not raced any Ducati’s.

Nick

apples to oranges.
numbers don’t lie, personal experience on the other hand varies wildly.
I’ll bet if people you raced were on r6s you wouldn’t have a photofinish either.
you’re comparing riders, not bikes.

And like I said, these were all better riders then myself. I also consistently had a higher trap speed in the quarter mile then my brothers 2007 GSXR 600 but he is by far a superior rider.

I know and I didn’t argue with you on that, we also agreed you’ve never really went against the 636 and we were left to our opinions.

However when I saw the ps2high statement I couldn’t hold myself back, there are obviously two 600’s which are faster.

Statements like his not backed up rub me in a wrong way.

Good twisties rider does not make a good 1/4 mile rider. You can tell who will win and who will lose just by looking at your 60’.

why don’t you swap bikes with him for shits and giggles and see if that theory holds water.
maybe he’s just not as good as you think he is.

Matt runs I think a 11.02 1/4 mile time on his GSXR 600. There aren’t many riders around here that are doing that, let alone on a 600 either.

i believe they have. and if you knew either of them personally you would know his brother is a much better rider, he rides whenever he can and is a very good motocross rider as well… real world numbers DONT LIE

Yep, when nobody around can reach the pro times, obviously each bikes true limit is being held by the rider, so the typical bike vs bike race will never be a good comparison of which bike is faster.

However dyno graphs and consistent runs with one rider on all bikes is a much better testament.

take note of the * text on the bottom in reference to the ZX-6R…

what do you think dyno charts are?
numbers will always be skewed when there is a rider in the equation.

those arent real world numbers if they are using a eurospec ZX-6R as we dont have those here.

Inconsistent tests in an uncontrolled environment with a million factors are completely irrelevant as to the testament to which machine is faster.

The bike makes the least tq and the least hp across the board to get a little at top end, there is no way you can argue that the machine is faster.

Apparently Nick is a better drag racer then his brother, simple as that.

The “jumper” mod which tricks the ECU into thinking it’s European has been argued whether or not it adds any horsepower at all, and if it indeed does it’s 1-2hp at the last 1000rpm’s.

“1-2” hp is alot on a 360lb machine especially in the last stretch of its rev range.

So the 1/4 mile times are inconsistent because of the “jumper” mod.

The weight is the same between the two bikes.

And the 636 makes more HP and more TQ across the range, so does the Daytona, so how R6 faster?

Dyno pulls do not have the "" correction to the ECU…

magic!

it doesnt say it wasnt setup that way, it says Runs at the end of the dyno and acceleration tests section, why would they race it, but not dyno it that way? makes no sense,those would be FALSE FIGURES

and apparently neither of you know a thing about 60’ times in relation to ELAPSED TIME/Trap speed. the ZX6 appears to be easier to launch as it picks up .1x on the 60’ time over the R6 which would let it pick up a few tenths on the other end. with a rider who is experienced to the characteristics of the R6 vs the ZX-6R, the R6 in theory would accel, one test means nothing compared to real world use

http://images.sportrider.com/bikes/146_0607_01_z+600cc_shootout+dynochart_hp_copy.jpg

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/23june06_supersport.html

oh, burn.