The debate 06 R6 VS 06 636

So if they are false figures then your statement on the dyno runs, then who says they are not false stating about the 1/4 mile runs.

You cannot take their word on one statement and then go back and question their integrity. That’s biting the hand that feeds you.

The dyno graphs on the 636 match what the real world similar dyno tests are getting, and there is no note under it, I’m sure if they had taken their time to mention it once where it affected the runs they would mention it every time they affected it. There are too many variables as to why they only mentioned it once, maybe they got their bikes switched by sponsors for runs, maybe the did the article on the “jumper” mod and left it in, or maybe the owner of the bike just decided to do it.

Plus there are just as many sources and racers saying that the “jumper” mod is about as useful as a T-shirt in a fall.

Apparently ::slight_smile:

now you are just speculating.

…so were you when you said that the dyno runs were made with the mod as well, when there is no statement to that.

I say we all just agree to the fact that the Daytona is in fact faster than the R6 and leave it at that. :banana

I want a street triple :sad

you can go to all different magazines and websites but when compared on the road the r6 is faster. You will most likely never see some one hit the times that magazine riders do. Go buy a 636 and line up against nicks r6 and i guarantee the r6 is gonna pull away.

I’m pretty sure Vlad owns a 636, line them up and see what the outcome is. :ponder

that seems like a good idea :nod

lebanon valley wed. night test n tune.
and as for matts 11.02 @ lebanon valley, thats impressive none the less. i bet on a good track like atco or E-town it would be a bit closer to the magazine times.

the last time i saw vlad try and run a bike at lvd he almost flipped

:lmao

seen and tuned both the r6 is a way more potent bike takes add ons a lot better and a stronger motor the 636 is a mechanical disaster poorly designed and a slouch compaired to smaller bikes

In the end a race between two bikes that are that close in performance is going to be rider 9 times out of 10. And who cares to much anyways, I think I can accept a 10.4 or 10.5 second bike, course who buys a bike to race it bone stock down the quarter mile? Take it to the country and let the bikes stretch there legs like they are designed to.

my brand preference is Yamaha, ive ridden both his bike and his brothers GSX-R 600. not to there full potential, but the R6 feels snappier up top, but the GSXR is easier to ride around, comes down to rider choice at that point.

And I’m the exact opposite, I like the beefier mid range of my 675 not needing to rev the piss out of it to fly. There in lies the beauty of having 5 different bikes that are basically the same performance in the same package but so completely different in how they feel and how they ride.

Peaky powerband tends to make it seem faster than smooth power delivery.

Good ol’ days :crackup

[youtube=425,350]HywR3MTLph0[/youtube]

both my yamahas were the same way, i had to rev them a bit to reach there potential. However i would take the R6 over any other 600, anyday of the week! I was on a 06 R6, buddy had a 07 gsxr1000, but in the “600” mode and i was way ahead of him. I was also told that the 600 mode on those bikes isnt a true 600, so maybe thats why i beat him by so much? And he is 100000000x better of a rider than i am or ever will be.

What is the 600 mode?

The new gixxer1k’s have a button that allows them to use just 600cc’s of the motor. At least I read that in a magazine when they first did that ?

sounds like just one thing to go wrong on them, what would be the point of that exept using a little less gas :ponder