1 liter bike questions.. .. i sold my zx6r..

So i sold the ZX6R after 4 yrs… fun lil bike but its time to upgrade to something a lil more powerful… clutching things suck…

anyway who has experience with what 1 liter sportbikes? im looking at four different bikes…

06 gsxr 1000 / r1 / honda 1000rr / zx10… Any Real life experience would be appreciated~

r1 is probably the best bike out there right now. I haven’t personally ridden the newest ones myself but I have heard nothing but incredible things about them.

I have ridden the older r1’s quite a bit in the past and have nothing but good things to say about them, minus some tranny problems, but all yami’s have the issue

to be honest with you. youre still going ot be clutching wheelies with a litre bike. clutching is the only real way to have control over your wheelies. you can bring a wheelie up at 5mph by using hte clutch. but on a liter you dont dump the clutch you slip it or blip it some and it comes right up and depeding the amount of clutch you use is how high you come up.

i ride the 1kRR and i like it alot. im not fan of other brands. they did say hte
1kRR is the best litrebike to learn on and must practical user friendly bike around. this was what they said 2 yrs ago to give you an idea

and a power wheelie isnt the best on your throttle cables, since you snap and resnap the cable within a second you seem to stretch the cable

I’m sort of partial to the ZX-10. I have talked to a few guys out and about that own them and they had nothing but good things to say about them. Infact I;m leaning towards an Orange ZX-10 as a stablemate to the 12…

dont forget that the first series of 10s the front wheel would just dissolve and would cause massive amounts of damage when the wheel would just give way also watch for the first series motors where they would just gernade

hell my kaw dropped a valve at 5500 miles… if r1’s had tranny issues im staying away just cause…

as for the whole blip of the throttal… i see where your coming from cause when im riding with my buddy’s with 1k’s… its just so easy and smooth blip then ride out… to me on my zx6… which everyone with in a mile will hear me lol…

So you think Kaw redesigned the motor’s and would be more reliable compared to the older grenades?

personally i wouldnt own a Kaw. after they redid the motor supposly the 05s are better then the early 04s. i havent been much into thebike market since i bought mine. but one thing i know you cant be a honda. might not be the fastest or lightest but are probably best quailty. i have owned 3 out of the 4 popular makes and have to say honda was the best. ive owned afew bikes also.

yea on 6s you have to dump it for most part unless your on a new 6 where it has the power of yesterdays litres.
i used to power wheelie but ever since i started clutching thats what i use and hardly ever power. actually ahvent really got into riding all that much this year so im rusty as hell and timid about my height. beginning of year i was up arond 10-11 while riding sit downs now im around 9.

personally the Kaws are ugly IMHO but dont let that decide for you. go off feel and how it responds. since its a expensive purchase. and with a used Litre its probably not as beat on as a 6 since you dont need to rev a litre to go anywhere as a 6 you need to rev and beat it. not saying mine doenst get beat up on when im riding hard but most of time im under 4k while cruising.

last model R1s arent bad but watch for neck bearings and of course the trans. ninjas always had motor issues over the years. Sukis are you typical Squid bike most newbs get them. besides that they are a fairly good bike. so my choice would either be suki or honda but HONDA here

o at 14,5xx right now, been lazy with riding this year but no issues

the tranny issues are just dealing with them slipping out of gear on you, it does suck, but as often as i rode yamahas it hasnt happened to me, i have seen it happen to my sisters fiance on his 04 r6 twice though…i never owned a yamaha either, just rode them alot

Thanks for the input… another thing i was told Kaw has a lot of problems with fork seals… mine went early i don t know if they still have this issue or if its just everybike… but mine had around 14k and one side went… and i asked around and i was told… kaw has forkseal issues… so im going from hearsay…

So in realibility im shooting for the 1000RR or gsxr !k…

thanks for the input…

I have almost 14K on my bike and do wheelies, No issues with my fork seals. And my bike is heavy…500+ wet

and now how high are your actual wheelies? unless 9,10 or 11 you should have to worry about fork seals going

and if pittspeed recalls you said if your bike was ever in the air it was done by someone else

Yeah I said that last year. This year has been totally different. Hell you should see my boots from throwing the bitch hard into turns and scraping shit. I have come a long way since last july…

if boots are tore up just raise your feet some. when a boot drags unexpectly you can possbily have a mishap. i rest my toes on the pegs when riding hard

yup started doing that and had to get into the habit. My buddy andy advised me of that.

I’ll sell you my 2002 cbr954 5,500miles 130rwhp 62tq New tires and battery this summer. Tire maybe have 600miles on them $6,200

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/slvrhwk/954rr/Picture045.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/slvrhwk/954rr/Picture009.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/slvrhwk/954rr/Picture116.jpg

I used to own 954’s on my 04 GSXR 750… also the very 1st time I ever ran my bike was at PRP against Quiks 1000RR… I ran a 10.80, he went 11.20’s… So I am very partial to my GSXR 750. If I were to buy a new 1000, it would definatly NOT be a Honda, I would go with a GSXR-1000 or ZX-10, they are really mean.

As far for the comment about having to clutch wheelies, thats such BS, I never had to clutch wheelies on my 750, I think thats for people that dont know how to use their powerband. You will not need to clutch any wheelies on a 1000 or 750, only on a 600 because they are slow terds.

I’m no wheelie expert, but I’ve read that the clutch wheelies offer far more control.

As far as 600s being slow terds…unless the numbers I see are all wrong, the acceleration is almost as good as the liter bikes.

Whats to control with the clutch once your front wheel is up? Its all about balance, once its up, its up, im just saying you don’t need a clutch to pull up a wheelie. Obviously its just my opinion, im really not an expert or anything.

As far as acceleration, on the street, ride both and you will feel the difference. Numbers may be close, but not the ass dyno. I could tell a HUGE difference between my 750 and the gsxr-600… I hate 600’s. My 750 was my 1st bike and I was really glad I bought it over the 600.

600’s = no torque, when you come out of a corner or need rapid acceleration you need to down shift 2 gears at a time.

The torque issue is probably very true, I know I have to get my F4i ~9k before it really hits the meat of the powerband. That often means downshifting a few gears.

I rode a friend’s 929RR before, but I didn’t have a bike then, and didn’t ride any 600s before or after so it’s hard for me to compare. I just remember it felt sick fast, but what sport bike wouldn’t if you haven’t ridden in a year or so.

i know from riding with 90 percent 1 liter’s that 600’s suck… while im cranking along the liter bikes are just slowly put puting along at the same speed and me wot… its hard to explain but when you ride in groups sometimes it sucks… then while your cruising down the highway and your buddy blips his throttal @ 60 mph and it picks up and rides out smooth… then your like ok ill do that and you gotta crank the shit outta of it esp in third gear haha .

I really do like gsxr 750’s to… in fact i think its the same model you got mark… all i can say is i can t wait till spring 4 my new purchase…